Every year, new and innovative cocktails enter the world of mixology, and one would think that classic cocktails would be long soon be forgotten. However, that's not the case.
In the recent poll of Drinks International, Old Fashioned is the best-selling cocktail. They've asked 106 bars (from the World's 50 Best Bars) to list down and rank their best-selling classics. Incremental ranking from one to 10 was applied per vote.
Of course, there were drinks made using the original recipe while others were changed or twisted. If the drink is sold as Moscow Mule in a copper mug, regardless if its a fruity Moscow Mule recipe, it is still a considered as a Moscow Mule.
As mentioned, Old Fashioned took the top spot, and it's not it’s the first time to land on top. In fact, Old Fashioned is the best-selling cocktail in the world for four years in a row.
According to Drinks International's poll, the drink accounted for nearly 30% of the World's Best Bars.
The question now is, can you re-create this drink at home? You will be happy to know that it's easy. Here's our version of Old-Fashioned.
First, you will need to get these ingredients:
- Angostura bitters
- Sugar cube
- Club soda
- Put one sugar cube in a glass.
- Add 7 dashes of Angostura bitters. Then, splash of club soda.
- Crush the sugar using a muddler. If you don't have a muddler, you can order here.
- Coat the glass by rotating it.
- Pour 2oz. of bourbon.
- Add large ice cube. To make a round ice cube, you can use our ice-ball maker mold. You can make four round ice-ball spheres using this silicone ice tray.
- Garnish the drink with orange and lemon peels and cherries.