Inspired by a certified platinum song of the same name that was released in 2006, Caribou Lou is a great-tasting drink meant for people to indulge and have an incredible time at parties. The recipe for this cocktail is laid out in the lyrics itself, but the quantities mentioned are measured for making batches. American rapper and creator of Caribou Lou, Tech N9ne, stated in an interview that if served individually, this drink should have little portions of rum for it not to be too strong, but still delicious.
Curious about what this drink tastes like? Have a glass using the recipe below!
Caribou Lou Ingredients:
- 1.5 oz. 151 Rum
- 1 oz. Malibu
- Pineapple juice
Caribou Lou Preparation:
- Put ice cubes in a highball glass.
- Pour rum and Malibu. Top it off with pineapple juice.
- Stir with a bar spoon and serve.
Enjoyed making this drink? Share this recipe!
Watch it here!
Caribou Lou isn’t the only rum-pineapple juice cocktail that’s an excellent choice for parties. Here are more cocktails with similar ingredients that you can try!
- Rum Mixed Drinks- Grab some coconut rum and pineapple juice, along with orange juice and cherries for garnish for a beautiful tropical drink!
- Pina Colada - A more popular cocktail, Pina Colada makes use of coconut cream instead of liqueur and both dark and white rum.
- Pineapple Whiskey Sour - Give your whiskey sour a sweeter twist by adding pineapple juice!
Know Your Ingredients!
Tech N9ne mentioned specific ingredients in his track, described in detail below:
- 151 Rum - Produced by the spirits company Bacardi, 151 was known for its higher proof level than most rum labels but was been discontinued in 2016.
- Malibu - The coconut flavored alcohol in the recipe, Malibu has a smooth and refreshing flavor which is great for fruit cocktails.
- Pineapple Juice - Juice obtained from the tropical fruit, pineapple.
Cocktails taste the best when they are prepared and served using the right equipment. Have these bar accessories handy when preparing Caribou Lou!
- Highball glass - The kind of glass suitable for cocktails of larger quantities.
- Jigger - A necessity if you’d rather have alcohol parts of proper measurement.
- Bar spoon- A specific type of spoon used for mixing cocktails.
The Rise in Fame
Caribou Lou hit both the music charts and the bar menu when the song was released in 2006. But its fame gradually decreased over the years. Nevertheless, fans and patrons alike have kept this drink hot on the bartender’s list ‘till today, specifically those from the US-North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Kansas-, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the UK.
The Perfect Pair
With this cocktail having a tropical flavor, it is only fitting that it is paired with bites popular in the tropics. Try the tastiest and juiciest whole fried chicken, spicy dishes, seafood, and sweet bits that go well with Caribou Lou.
See What Others Think
I need a Caribou Lou kinda night 😂😭— Francis (@Franchize27) December 20, 2019
I actually found a place to get Bacardi 151, now I can make caribou lou 😝— chosimba (@_808monkey) December 22, 2019
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.