Midori Sour is a sour cocktail composed of the melon liqueur Midori, sweet and sour mix, and Sprite shaken with ice which is then garnished with a slice of citrus fruit. Made with the Japanese liqueur Midori that typically contains 20-21% alcohol by volume, the bright green color of this sweet and fruity cocktail will surely wow your guests in any occasion!
Homemade melon liqueur can be used for this recipe, but it’s not a Midori Sour without Midori! Have a refreshing glass of this cocktail today!
Midori Sour Ingredients:
Midori Sour Preparation:
- In a shaker, put all ingredients and mix properly.
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with a slice of orange and a piece of cherry.
- Serve and enjoy!
Enjoyed making this drink? Share this recipe!
Watch it here!
If you would like to explore more of Midori’s fine taste, then here are more Midori sour variations that you can try!
- Japanese Slipper - A Midori cocktail of unique name, Japanese Slipper was invented in Australia. It uses equal parts of Midori, triple sec and lemon juice.
- Midori Daiquiri - Replace lime juice with Midori in the classic Daiquiri recipe and give the best tasting rum cocktail a new and fun flavor!
- Midori Illusion - Combine Midori with vodka, triple sec, pineapple juice and lemon juice and find out why this cocktail is called an illusion!
Know Your Ingredients!
What contributes to the Midori Sour’s interesting taste and color? Find out more about the ingredients below!
- Midori - Named after the Japanese word for “green”, this sweet muskmelon liqueur was originally produced in Japan and is now also produced in France, Mexico and the United States.
- Sweet and sour mix - A cocktail mixer made from equal parts of simple syrup and lime/lemon juice which is then combined along with ice.
- Sprite - A soft drink popular to adults and teens.
- Oranges - One of the most common fruits, oranges are citrus fruits that usually accompany cocktails.
- Maraschino cherry - The most well-known type of garnish for cocktails and desserts.
No need for fancy bar accessories to make this cocktail. You just need the three basic bar necessities:
- Jigger - An equipment that makes measuring liquid ingredients easy.
- Shaker tin - A convenient container for mixing drinks without spilling.
- Coupe glass - A specific type of glassware made for certain types of cocktails.
The Rise in Fame
Surprisingly, Midori Sour isn’t as popular as we thought it would be in the land where Midori was first manufactured. In fact, it actually makes its name the most in one of the countries that also produces the liqueur-the United States, specifically in Nevada, California, Washington, Arizona and Massachusetts. Other countries such as Italy, South Korea, Sweden and Canada also seem to appreciate this cocktail’s unique flavor as well.
See What Others Think
I made a baby yoda midori sour pic.twitter.com/IRM1UOFZsK— skank williams jr (@maddiecorinne) December 19, 2019
Craving some Midori Sour.🍹— G A B Y (@blueevelvet_) December 20, 2019
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.