It’s summer, it’s hot, and everybody’s looking forward to drinking all summer long to beat the heat. It’s no wonder canned drinks are becoming so popular this time of year. And we’re not just talking about the usual beers and sodas in cans, but a new type of canned drinks––cocktails.
Last week, we introduced to you new canned Moscow mule products from different liquor manufacturers. This week, we are going to feature canned cocktail varieties from Cutwater Spirits, a new distillery that’s fast becoming a key player in the spirits market in the US recently.
Who is Cutwater Spirits?
Cutwater Spirits is a local manufacturer of premium liquor products and is emerging as one of the biggest craft distilleries in the West Coast. Rebranded from the original Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits in 2007, Cutwater Spirits has since moved to a new 50,000 square foot production facility in San Diego with state-of-the-art filtration processes.
Their most popular liquors include Fugu Vodka, Three Sheets Rum, and Old Grove Gin which have received numerous awards and citations from both local and international bar and restaurant analysts. Now, Cutwater Spirits has added new products to their growing line-up of award-winning beverages. Their canned craft cocktails have already hit store shelves and if you haven’t tried them yet, we would like to give you a little taste (no pun intended) of what to expect from their unique and refreshing flavors.
Cutwater Spirits canned cocktails come in colorful and attractive 12 oz cans in a variety of cocktail flavors.
- Tequila – They come in two awesome kinds, the Tequila Paloma and the Tequila Margarita. Both are Gluten Free and have a smooth finish and floral aroma with a hint of citrus flavors. The Paloma, however, has a 7% ABV while the Margarita has a higher ABV of 12.5%.
- Black Skimmer Whiskey – Bourbon with just the right amount of vanilla, honeysuckle, and caramel. The Highball has 10% ABV and is also made up of Cutwater Spirits’ in-house soda with a dash of mint. The Lemon Tea flavor, on the other hand, has a lower ABV of 7% and tastes like sweet lemon.
- Old Grove Gin & Tonic – Timeless cocktail in a can with a blend of Old Grove Gin and Cutwater Spirits’ in-house grapefruit and cucumber tonic with a hint of citrus.
- Fugu Vodka Bloody Mary – A heady combination of Cutwater Spirits’ signature Fugu Vodka with ripe tomatoes and glorious spices. Have the Spicy flavor if you want it peppery. If you prefer it with a heavier dose of tomatoes, then the Mild one is perfect for you.
- Three Sheets Rum – These classic rum varieties in a can are made from the finest pure sugar cane. Have it your way with either their spicy house-made Ginger beer or the earthy and exotic taste of Cola. Both are Gluten-Free.
- Fugu Vodka Mule – Vodka Mule that comes in a convenient, ready-to-go can. Exceptionally crafted from the award-winning Fugu Vodka, this is Vodka Mule just the way you like it, but better.
- Fugu Vodka Soda – Made from the company’s house-made soda, mixed with either four of its fruity varieties, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Vodka, and Orange. These are definitely summer’s must have drinks.