Mezcal is a delicious and complex spirit that deserves to be appreciated with fresh citruses, like lime or lemon. The jalapeno's heat cuts into the sweetness of maple syrup, while mandarin oranges bring in some spice! If you're looking for something more than just tequila in your margarita, this summertime staple needs to be tried out.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with jalapeño and cilantro. Muddle them together.
- Add ice until the shaker is ⅔ full.
- Squeeze the lemon, lime, and mandarin.
- Add the Mezcal, triple sec, and maple syrup.
- Shake well to combine. Divide among two small salt-rimmed glasses.
If you use other citrus fruits, you might want to lessen the maple syrup.