Plan for a cozy evening at home this Valentine’s Day with a homemade meal and love-inspired cocktails that are sure to keep you feeling warm and fuzzy. The recipes below are easy to make, and they all include fresh fruit for a crisp finish. Pair them with dinner or serve one up as a nightcap before bed, and don’t forget the garnish!
Tip: To keep your cocktail perfectly cool through the evening, try our Beverage Chilling Stones in place of ice cubes. They’re made of 100% pure soapstone and won’t alter the flavor of your drink or scratch your glass. Go through the list below where we have covered 17 cocktails for valentine’s day.
1. Love, Love, Love
- 5 oz. Champagne
- .5 oz Aperol
- 1 Tbsp. Muddled raspberries
- 1 Tbsp. Simple Syrup
- Fresh Mint and Blueberries for Garnish
- Add the muddled raspberries and simple syrup to a champagne flute. Use one of our muddler kits to make your own using fresh raspberries.
- Pour in the Aperol.
- Top the cocktail with champagne.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and blueberries.
- 1 oz. Campari
- 1 oz. Sweet Vermouth
- 1 oz Rye Whiskey
- Lemon Wedge or Orange Peel for Garnish
- Add the campari, vermouth, whiskey and ice to a mixing glass and stir. You can also use a classic cocktail shaker.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge or orange peel and serve.
To simplify this recipe, add all ingredients to a rocks glass with ice, then stir and garnish. Et viola!
3. Sweet Nectar
- 5 oz. Sparkling Rosé
- 1 Tbsp. Muddled Strawberries
- 1.5 oz Gin
- .75 oz agave
- .75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- .5 oz Pomegranate Juice
- .5 oz Rose water
- Rose Petal for Garnish
- Add the muddled strawberries, lemon juice and agave to a mixing glass or a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the pomegranate juice, rose water and gin.
- Add ice and stir/shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass, and add the sparkling rosé.
- Garnish with a rose petal and serve.
The pomegranate used in our Sweet Nectar recipe adds a sharp, zesty flavor and may even be considered a sensual pick-me-up. This powerful antioxidant can help boost blood flow throughout the body. Many experts also believe it can stimulate your libido. This, in turn, promotes fertility in both men and women.
4. Gin Campari Sour
You’re going to be spending the time on Valentine's day with the love of your life so you better choose a drink that has everything right, from the aroma to the texture. Our first cocktail in the list The Gin Campari Sour is made using Gin, Campari, lemon and few more ingredients. You can even add an egg to the whole concoction which will give a color to your drink and also contribute to its silky texture.
- 1 1⁄2 oz. gin, such as Plymouth brand
- 3⁄4 oz. Campari
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 oz. simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 dash orange bitters
- 1 small orange wedge, to garnish
- Take a cocktail shaker, combine the gin, Campari, lemon juice, simple syrup, bitters, and egg white, and shake until combined.
- Fill the shaker three-quarters full with ice and shake vigorously until the egg white is incorporated and frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with the orange wedge.
5. Fermented Raspberry Soda
The fermented raspberry soda has been curated by the famous cookbook author Amy Thielen which has a flavor similar to an ice cream that is not too sweet but you are going to love it when you mix it with a cocktail and vinaigrettes. The best part about this cocktail is that it can be made with fruit. The main point to ensure here is that the fruit you will select should be small but juicier.
- 10 oz. frozen raspberries
- thawed1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Take a bowl and stir the raspberries with sugar and 2 cups boiling water so that the sugar dissolves
- Pour in the raspberries and pass it through a fine sieve
- Stir the lemon juice into raspberry juice and cover it up
- Let it stay for 5 days
- Uncover the raspberry juice and pour it through a fine sieve with cheesecloth
- Cover it with plastic and refrigerate
6. The Merchant’s Wife
As the name suggests. It’s a drink dedicated to her. This drink has lots of fruity stuff like watermelon, gin, aperol, lemon juice along with a splash of club soda. It is a well balanced drink that has an effervescence from the melon’s sweetness. The drink contains watermelon, syrup, gin, aperol, lemon juice and club soda. You are going to love this drink and we hope it will only bond your relationship with her or him.
- 2 (2"x1") chunks fresh watermelon, plus wedges to garnish
- 3⁄4 oz. simple syrup
- 1 oz. gin
- 3⁄4 oz. Aperol
- 3⁄4 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. club soda
- Muddle the watermelon chunks and simple syrup together in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, fill shaker with ice, and shake vigorously.
- Strain over into a wine glass filled with crushed ice and serve garnished with a wedge of watermelon.
7. Eggless Avocado Nog
We are making sure the recipes we mention are healthy. The eggless avocado nog has been created by Jason Eisner and has also been featured in Goldfarb’s new book. This is a vegan cocktail as is the trend. Ths eggnog is a healthier alternative for using avocado and coconut milk that provides texture instead of heavy cream and eggs.
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 cups unsweetened whole coconut milk
- 1 cup vanilla hazelnut milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon rind, pith removed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Flesh of half an avocado
- 6 ounces blanco tequila
- 2 ounces mescal
- Take almonds and two tablespoons of sugar
- Inside a saucepan, add coconut milk, hazelnut milk, cinnamon sticks, lemon rind, vanilla and baking soda and bring it to boil
- Once you have removed the heat, you can discard the cinnamon sticks and lemon rind and let the drink cool down.
- Mash avocado and whisk into coconut milk texture. Add some ground almond paste and then the remaining sugar
- Pour it into the pitcher and garnish
8. Mai Tai
Sure, this tiki cocktail may have ranked down but this timeless recipe are far from being put off the charts. The summer beverage Mai Tai recipe uses lime juice, Orgeat orange syrup, Orange curacao, and premium aged rum.
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. orgeat syrup
- 1/2 oz. orange Curaçao
- 1 1/2 oz. white rum
- 3/4 oz. dark rum
- Fill a shaker tin with ice and pour the first four ingredients. Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a highball glass and add the dark rum.
- Garnish with a lime wedge or mint sprigs.
No, not the prescription drugs. Penicillin is one of the best Scotch cocktail recipes in the world made by bartender Sam Ross who’s based in NY. This delicious recipe is an interesting mix of blended scotch, Islay scotch, lemon juice, and honey-ginger syrup topped with candied ginger.
- 2 slices of ginger
- 0.75 oz. honey syrup
- 0.75 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. blended scotch
- 0.25 islay scotch
- Muddle the ginger slices and honey syrup together.
- Add fresh lemon juice, blended scotch and ice cubes and shake.
- Strain into an old fashioned glass.
- Add islay scotch and top with candied ginger.
10. Aperol Spritz
Summertime will never be complete without a sip of this classic yet one of the best Italian cocktails. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s so easy to prepare too! All you need are prosecco, Aperol, soda water. Then, add a slice of orange for garnish.
- 4.5 oz. brut prosecco
- 2.5 oz. Aperol
- .75 oz. club soda
- Orange slice for garnish
- Fill collins glass with ice
- Pour in club soda, Aperol and prosecco
- Garnish with orange slice
11. Gramercy Riffs
A healthy cocktail needs to be such that it does more good to you than bad. The gramercy riff is s low-ABV version of a holiday punch which is very light and can be served at parties. It is made using some wine and aperitif. To make a gramercy riff, you need some vodka, some cocchi americano along with some cane-sugar syrup and lemon juice. Let’s have a look at the ingredients you need to make a gramercy riff.
- 6 ounces Spring44 vodka
- 3 ounces Svol Aquavit or a similar, dill-flavored aquavit
- 3 ounces Cocchi Americano
- 3 ounces Leopold New York Sour Apple Liqueur
- 3 ounces Riesling
- 3 ounces cane-sugar syrup
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 6 ounces sparkling wine
- Start with adding all the ingredients in one shaker
- Add some ice and shake well
- Strain the cocktail into a wine glass and top it with some sparkling wine
- Garnish the end result with lemon wheel
12. Vegan Buttered Rum
As the name has the word vegan word in it. It is clear that it qualifies to be in the list of a Valentine cocktail. It is made using material like cashew milk that is also used to make buttered chai which delivers a healthier version that is not only plant free but also dairy free. In this cocktail, we make use of some butter, ice cream and sugar. All into one drink.
- 5 Ounces of strong spicy chai tea that’s heated
- 2 ounces of cashew milk
- 1 spoon of coconut or MCT oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine all the ingredients and mix them inside a blender until oil is mixed well
- Pour the mixture inside a glass
- Garnish the concoction with cinnamon sticks
- Don’t worry too much about coconut oil. You can use MCT oil too
On the top 2 of the list this year is Negroni. Coincidentally, this drink that you can easily and quickly prepare at home is also a top choice for the polled bars. Sour and subtly sweet, whip yourself up a glass in a jiffy by using these three simple ingredients: Gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari. Prepare a glass of Negroni yourself with this recipe.
- 1-1/2 oz gin
- 3/4 oz Campari
- 3/4 oz Sweet vermouth
- Orange peel
- Large ice cube
- Build in large mixing glass.
- Add ice cubes.
- Stir with mixing spoon
- Strain over large ice cube
- Garnish with orange peel
Daiquiri is a cocktail you’d easily fall in love with. A combination of lime juice, white rum, and sugar syrup, this cocktail will surely have your taste buds aching for more! No wonder, it’s one of the best and most ordered bar cocktails in the world. We have the perfect Daiquiri recipe for you to try-which you can serve frozen too!
- 2 oz. white rum
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 0.5 oz. simple syrup
- Lime wheel
- Pour the rum, lime juice, and simple syrup into a shaker respectively.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and serve.
15. Rhubarb-Fennel Gin Cocktail
It is a classic cocktail which has a very sweet and sour flavor that happens due to rhubarb and herbaceous hat comes from the use of fennel. Now you can use some sugar, fresh lemon juice and then a cup of gin as per your taste. When we talk about the healthy cocktails. We need to make sure the drinks are not too heavy on our system and instead have a soothing effect on us.
- ¼ fennel bulb, untrimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1 375-ml bottle dry vermouth (preferably Dolin)
- 1 large rhubarb stalk, thinly sliced, plus more, shaved, for serving
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup gin (preferably Fords)
- Combine some fennel and vermouth into your glass container
- Cover and chill it for 2 days
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve back into the bottle
- You can add some rhubarb, sugar and water into the saucepan
- Combine 12 oz fennel infused vermouth
- Garnish with shaved rhubarb
If you’re a fan of whiskey, then surely you’ve had a glass-or two-of Manhattan. This mix of rye, sweet vermouth and bitters remains a drink of choice for many bartenders. There are many versions of Manhattan everywhere, but like they always say––once a classic, always a classic.
- 1 oz. Sweet vermouth
- 2 oz. rye whiskey
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour the constituents into a glass and add ice.
- Stir and strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with maraschino cherry.
17. Blueberry Apple Cordials
Blueberry apple cordials is a healthy cocktail that packs a lot of fruity punch in it. In this cocktail, you are free to add as many berries as you want and then you can preserve the pulp for multiple purposes. The way to make this drink is quite simple. You add 2 cups of fresh blueberries and then add a wide strip of lemon zest followed by some simple syrup.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 wide strip lemon zest
- 2 cups applejack brandy (such as Laird’s Jersey Lightning)
- Simple syrup (for serving)
- Sparkling wine or club soda (for serving; optional)
- Combine blueberries and lemon zest
- Add some brandy in jar and seal tightly
- Strain the mixture through cheesecloth into a pitcher or a large bowl
- Chill until cold
- Add 1 oz cordial in a flute glass and top off with sparkling wine
18. Espresso Martini
Even after three years, the Espresso Martini still remains as one of the best cocktails among the polled bars. Dick Bradsell, the Espresso Martini’s late creator, would be proud seeing this magical combination of espresso coffee, vodka, and coffee liquor loved by cocktail and coffee enthusiasts alike.
- 1 shot Espresso
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 0.75 oz Butterscotch liqueur
- 1 oz Vanilla infused vodka
- 2 dashes Homemade Chinese five spice bitters
- 1 dash Aztec chocolate bitters
- Ice cubes
- Put ice cubes in a tall glass.
- Add all the constituents in the order in which they are listed above.
- Cover the glass with a shaker tin and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with drops
19. Pink Torpedoes
Pink torpedoes is a strawberry based drink that needs to be prepared 3 days in advance. It is prepared with the base of vodka and tastes quite good. With a preparation time of just 5 minutes, it’s one of the quickest drinks to be made so if you get to know the ladies are coming on an impromptu meet. This drink can be made quick and dazzle the girls.
- 2 cups vodka, chilled
- 1 1/2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- 1 750 milliliter bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 6 sugar cubes
- In a large bowl, stir together the vodka, two-thirds of the sliced strawberries and the granulated sugar.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until the vodka turns pink, about 6 hours.
- Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
- Strain the vodka and divide among 6 tall glasses.
- Add a splash of limoncello to each glass and top off with the sparkling wine.
- Drop in a sugar cube and garnish with the remaining strawberry slices.
20. Rosemary Ruby Cocktails
Rosemary is known to give a unique flavor to anything that you use it for. Whether it’s your food or your drink. It’s one ingredient that can be added multiple times. The rosemary ruby drink has its name due to its color. You can add some red grapefruit juice or even replace that with a similar tasting fruit.
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cups ruby-red grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- 3/4 teaspoon bitters
- Ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water, sugar and 6 rosemary sprigs to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the liquid is clear, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool; discard the rosemary.
- In a pitcher, combine the grapefruit juice, vodka, bitters and 3/4 cup rosemary-sugar syrup.
- Pour into 6 rocks glasses filled with ice cubes and garnish each with a rosemary sprig
Now that you have a list of 17 best cocktails to enjoy on Valentine’s day. We hope it only improves your bond with your partner. Make sure you don’t experiment too much with the drinks since you don’t want to mess up anything on this special day. There are a ton of ways to create drinks and as a bonus, you should do some research to figure out what your partner likes and dislikes when it comes to cocktails. That will filter out a lot of stuff. We’re excited for this day in your life.
Love, Love, Love
5 oz. Champagne
.5 oz Aperol
1 Tbsp. Muddled raspberries
1 Tbsp. Simple Syrup
Fresh Mint and Blueberries for Garnish
Add the muddled raspberries and simple syrup to a champagne flute. Use one of our muddler kits to make your own using fresh raspberries.
Pour in the Aperol.
Top the cocktail with champagne.
Garnish with a mint leaf and blueberries.