To get constant top-notch performance out of your Coravin wine preserver, it is recommended to clean it regularly. You can do this by slightly rinsing the device’s spout with tap water to flush out any wine residue. Then, press the trigger to remove any water from inside the needle.
This article thoroughly explains the various ways you can clean the Coravin wine opener all by yourself.
Coravin Cleaning Instructions
There is a high chance that bacteria can form if you don’t clean your Coravin wine preservation system. For regular maintenance, you don’t need to stress out. Just follow the simple instructions below:
- After using the Coravin wine preserver, take the device to the sink and simply rinse water through the spout for a few seconds.
- If you regularly use the device, we recommend putting some white vinegar into the spout and rinsing it with tap water. Rinse with warm water for better results.
- Next, you need to make sure that there is no water left in the needle system. To do that, you have to press the trigger quickly to flush out the remaining water.
- Finally, you need to dry the Coravin wine preservation system with a soft and clean cloth.
Important: Never submerge your Coravin wine preserver into the water, and don’t place it inside the dishwasher.
Coravin Needle Cleaning
After regular use of your Coravin wine preservation system, make sure to press the trigger repeatedly in a quick session. Doing this allows you to remove any excess wine or cork particles from the inside of the needle.
If you don’t hear any hissing sound after pressing the trigger, then something is blocking the Coravin needle’s passage. To unclog the needle, you need the Needle Clearing Tool included in your Coravin wine preserver. Follow this easy step-by-step guide:
- Unscrew the needle grip and let it drop down to the base of the Coravin wine opener.
- Then, slightly angle the needle and gently remove it from the Coravin wine system. The needle is very sharp so handle the needle carefully.
- Hold the Coravin needle with the needle grip for safety. Now hold the Needle Clearing Tool and pass it through the needle’s eye to remove any dirt particles.
- After that, hold the needle grip and pass through the cleaning tool into the top of the needle. Make sure there are no cork particles left inside the needle.
- Again, insert the cleaning tool through the needle’s eye to make sure that you remove the last cork particle. Do the whole process a couple of times until there is no clog.
- Finally, put the clean needle back in the needle guide and screw the needle grip to the unit. Your clean Coravin wine system is ready to use.
Hopefully, this post gave you useful information about the cleaning process of the Coravin wine preservation system. We focused on effective maintenance solutions to maximize your Coravin device's functionality and make your wine drinking a hassle-free experience.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts and experience cleaning the Coravin wine system in the comment section.