A calamondin or Philippine lime is a citrus native in the Philippines. With its sour taste like lime and lemon, it's good for savory dishes and drinks as flavorings.
Try these recipes and enjoy a refreshing drink with calamansi.
8 Calamansi Cocktail Recipes
1. Honey Calamansi Mojito
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 8 pcs calamansi
- Sugar with Red food color
- Fresh mint
- 30ml Calamansi liquor
- 30ml White rum
- 60ml soda water
- Mix hot water and honey in a bowl. Set aside.
- Squeeze out the juices from the calamansi which is a great fruit.
- Put the sugar on a small plate, add a few drops of red food color, and mix until all the sugar becomes red.
- Rim the glass with calamansi juice and colored sugar then set aside.
- Put the mint, calamansi juice, and honey and water mixture in a highball glass, using a muddle stick, crush them to release some of the oil from the mint leaves.
- Put ice and garnish with calamansi.
2. Mansi Vodka
- Calamansi juice
- In a glass, put ice, calamansi juice vodka and basil all together.
- Mix properly.
- Garnish with a slice of calamansi.
3. Frozen Mansi-rita
- In an ice cube tray, pour the calamansi juice and freeze for a couple of hours.
- When frozen, put the frozen calamansi juice and tequila in a blender and blend until it's crushed.
- Rim the margarita glass salt using a small amount of calamansi juice.
- Pour the blended calamansi juice and tequila in the margarita glass and garnish with a slice of calamansi.
4. Calamansi Spritzer
- 1 ¼ oz Ocean Vodka
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup
- 3 Fresh Calamansi Muddle
- Soda Water
- Combine Ocean Vodka, simple syrup and Calamansi
- Add ice
- Shake vigorously
- Pour mixture into a Hurricane glass
- Top with soda water
5. Calamansi Margarita
- 2 oz. Tequila, chilled
- 1 tsp. Triple Sec
- 2 oz. simple sugar
- 2 oz. fresh calamansi juice*
- citrus soda (optional)
- coarse salt (optional)
- Start by combining tequila, triple sec, simple sugar, and calamansi juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, set aside
- Rim the glass with calamansi peel and dip into coarse salt (optional)
- Pour the mixture into the glass and top with citrus soda (optional)
- Garnish with calamansi and your recipe is ready(optional)
6. Calamansi Whiskey Sour
- 4 ounces whiskey
- 1 ounce calamansi juice (about two to three calamansi limes)
- Shake whiskey, calamansi, and honey well with cracked ice,
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass filled with more ice.
- Garnish with a sliver of calamansi.
7. Calamansi Beer Cooler
- 1 can of calamansi juice cooler
- 1 IPA beer
- lots of ice
Combine roughly equal parts beer and calamansi juice cooler in a glass filled with ice.
8. Calamansi Hard Lemonade
- 1 cup fresh squeezed calamansi juice, discard seeds and skin
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 -1 cup simple syrup, depending on desired sweetness
- ice, to serve
- In a pitcher, combine calamansi juice, water, and 3/4 cup simple syrup.
- Stir to combine. Store in fridge until chilled.
- Stir before serving. Serve with ice.
- Add more water or simple syrup to your liking.
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.