A calamondin or Philippine lime is a citrus native in the Philippines. With its sour taste like lime and lemon, it's good for savory dishes and drinks as flavorings.
Try these recipes and enjoy a refreshing drink with calamansi.
8 Calamansi Cocktail Recipes
1. Honey Calamansi Mojito
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 8 pcs calamansi
- Sugar with Red food color
- Fresh mint
- 1 oz. Calamansi liquor
- 1 oz. White rum
- 2 oz. soda water
- Mix hot water and honey in a bowl. Set aside.
- Squeeze out the juices from the calamansi which is a great fruit.
- Put the sugar on a small plate, add a few drops of red food color, and mix until all the sugar becomes red.
- Rim the glass with calamansi juice and colored sugar then set aside.
- Put the mint, calamansi juice, and honey and water mixture in a highball glass, using a muddle stick, crush them to release some of the oil from the mint leaves.
- Put ice and garnish with calamansi.
2. Mansi Vodka
- Calamansi juice
- In a glass, put ice, calamansi juice vodka and basil all together.
- Mix properly.
- Garnish with a slice of calamansi.
3. Frozen Mansi-rita
- In an ice cube tray, pour the calamansi juice and freeze for a couple of hours.
- When frozen, put the frozen calamansi juice and tequila in a blender and blend until it's crushed.
- Rim the margarita glass salt using a small amount of calamansi juice.
- Pour the blended calamansi juice and tequila in the margarita glass and garnish with a slice of calamansi.
4. Calamansi Spritzer
- 1 ¼ oz Ocean Vodka
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup
- 3 Fresh Calamansi Muddle
- Soda Water
- Combine Ocean Vodka, simple syrup and Calamansi
- Add ice
- Shake vigorously
- Pour mixture into a Hurricane glass
- Top with soda water
5. Calamansi Margarita
- 2 oz. Tequila, chilled
- 1 tsp. Triple Sec
- 2 oz. simple sugar
- 2 oz. fresh calamansi juice*
- citrus soda (optional)
- coarse salt (optional)
- Start by combining tequila, triple sec, simple sugar, and calamansi juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, set aside
- Rim the glass with calamansi peel and dip into coarse salt (optional)
- Pour the mixture into the glass and top with citrus soda (optional)
- Garnish with calamansi and your recipe is ready(optional)
6. Calamansi Whiskey Sour
- 4 ounces whiskey
- 1 ounce calamansi juice (about two to three calamansi limes)
- Shake whiskey, calamansi, and honey well with cracked ice,
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass filled with more ice.
- Garnish with a sliver of calamansi.
7. Calamansi Beer Cooler
- 1 can of calamansi juice cooler
- 1 IPA beer
- lots of ice
Combine roughly equal parts beer and calamansi juice cooler in a glass filled with ice.
8. Calamansi Hard Lemonade
- 1 cup fresh squeezed calamansi juice, discard seeds and skin
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 -1 cup simple syrup, depending on desired sweetness
- ice, to serve
- In a pitcher, combine calamansi juice, water, and 3/4 cup simple syrup.
- Stir to combine. Store in fridge until chilled.
- Stir before serving. Serve with ice.
- Add more water or simple syrup to your liking.
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Honey Calamansi Mojito
Mix hot water and honey in a bowl. Set aside.
Squeeze out the juices from the calamansi which is a great fruit.
Put the sugar on a small plate, add a few drops of red food color, and mix until all the sugar becomes red.
Rim the glass with calamansi juice and colored sugar then set aside.
Put the mint, calamansi juice, and honey and water mixture in a highball glass, using a muddle stick, crush them to release some of the oil from the mint leaves.
Put ice and garnish with calamansi.