A calamondin or Philippine lime is a citrus native in the Philippines. With its sour taste like lime and lemon, it's good for savory dishes and drinks as flavorings.
Mixed with different alcoholic spirits, it makes an exciting drink. It can be enjoyed as well for its medicinal benefits.
Try these recipes and enjoy a refreshing drink with calamansi.
1. Honey Calamansi Mojito
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 8 pcs calamansi
- Sugar with Red food color
- Fresh mint
- 30ml Calamansi liquor
- 30ml White rum
- 60ml soda water
- Mix hot water and honey in a bowl. Set aside.
- Squeeze out the juices from the calamansi.
- In a small plate, put the sugar with red color. Rim the glass with calamansi juice and colored sugar then set aside.
- Put the mint, calamansi juice and honey and water mixture in a highball glass, using a muddle stick, crush them to release some of the oil from the mint leaves.
- Put ice and garnish with calamansi.
2. Mansi Vodka
- In a glass, put ice, calamansi juice vodka and basil all together.
- Mix properly.
- Garnish with a slice of calamansi.
3. Frozen Mansi-rita
- In an ice cube tray , pour the calamansi juice and freeze for a couple of hours.
- When frozen, put the frozen calamansi juice and tequila in a blender and blend until it's crushed.
- Rim the margarita glass salt using a small amount of calamansi juice.
- Pour the blended calamansi juice and tequila in the margarita glass and garnish with a slice of calamansi.
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.