Crisp, smooth and clean feel of vodka and the citrusy taste of lime make a good combination.
Here are some recipes that you can try and experience yourself.
1. Sparkling Vodka Cranberry Cocktail
- 1 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- lime juice
- Half a can of sparkling seltzer
- For garnish, twisted lime peel and Cranberry
- In a rocks glass with ice, pour all the ingredients then stir.
- Finish with the sparkling seltzer.
- Garnish on top with cranberries and lime.
2. Vodka Collins
- 1.5 oz. vodka
- 0.8 oz. lime juice
- 0.5 oz. lemon syrup
- Dash of cucumber bitters
- 1 oz. soda water
- fresh mint
- Using a jigger, measure all ingredients properly and put in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Transfer to a Highball glass and add a slapped mint for extra flavor.
3. Ivan Collins
- Using a shaker, mix all ingredients and shake properly.
- Add lemon wedge for garnish if desired.
Know Your Ingredients
- Lemon - yellow citrus fruit commonly used in cocktails
- Vodka - distilled alcoholic beverage from Russia and Poland
- Simple syrup - a mixture of sugar and water, used to give sweetness Ina drink.
- Shaker - used to mix ingredients
- Strainer - used to strain and make the beverage smooth
- Martini glass - an inverted triangle shaped glass
- Jigger - used to measure ingredients correctly
The Rise in Fame
Vodka Collins became famous mostly in US, especially in the state of Minnesota, Colorado, Washington, Oregon and Massachusetts for the past 15years. And in the other countries, it's the UK and France who enjoyed the most of this drink.
Even if it's odorless, colorless and tasteless, it's still makes the best cocktail mixes that everyone can enjoy.
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.