Green Tea Shot is usually made of whiskey, peach schnapps, and lemon or lime soda. Although the drink does not contain actual green tea, it is called Green Tea Shot since its color resembles that of the said healthy and relaxing tea. Sweet and absolutely delicious, this shooter might just be the perfect choice to serve at your next party!
Follow the recipe below to prepare your own Green Tea Shot.
Listen to this Blog
- 0.5 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 0.5 oz Peach Schnapps
- 0.5 oz Sour Mix
- A splash of Sprite or Lemonade
How to Make Green Tea Shots
- Put equal amounts of whiskey, peach schnapps, and sour mix into a shaker filled with ice.
- Cover the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain into shot glasses and top it off with lemonade or Sprite.
Enjoyed making this drink? Share this recipe!!
Watch the Video
Green Tea Shot Calories
For a drink so small, this shot is packed with lots of sugar. Most of the sugars come from the soda and lemonade but if you limit your shots to one, that should be enough.
- Servings - 2 oz.
- Calories - 280
- Total Fat - 11 g
- Cholesterol - 25 mg
- Sodium - 360 mg
- Total Carbs - 34 g
- Dietary Fiber - 4 g
- Sugar - 23 g
- Protein - 11 g
A single shot of this needs at least 45 minutes of cycling, 30 minutes of running, and 1.9 hours of cleaning. That’s one good excuse to do some spring cleaning!
The Rise to Fame
The Green Tea Shot was practically a nobody until 2011 when drinkers from the US-specifically in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Ohio started making this shot trending. Though it may not be as popular in other countries as in the States, countries like Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, and India seem to take a liking to it as well.
Green Tea Shot Recipe Variations
This recipe is a unique kind of shooter. And although nothing can top its interesting flavor, here are other whiskey-based shots that you can try as well.
Whiskey Sour Apple Shots
This shooter makes the best of whiskey and the sour lime juice, cranberry juice, and sour apple pucker.
How to Make
- Add the whiskey, schnapps, and juice into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a shot glass.
- Top with the club soda.
Whiskey Sour Jello Shots
An interesting take on whiskey sour shots, these jello shots are fun additions to make your party a lot more enjoyable.
- 3 oz. Crown Royal
- 2 oz. lime juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 2 ½ teaspoons of unflavored gelatin
- 1-2 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup boiling water
How to Make
- Mix the whiskey, lemon juice, and simple syrup with cold water.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Add the unflavored gelatin and let it sit for about 3 minutes.
- Add boiling water, stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour into a silicone ice cube tray and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the ice cube tray and arrange it on a platter.
- Top with cherry slices before serving.
Get to Know the Green Tea Shot Ingredients
If the Green Tea Shot is not made from actual green tea, what exactly is in it? Read more below to find out!
- Jameson Irish Whiskey - Whiskey made from Ireland that is made from both unmalted and malted barley.
- Peach Schnapps - American sweetened liqueur made from fruit and spices, combined with neutral spirit
- Sour Mix - A mixture of simple syrup and lime/lemon juice that is commonly used in cocktails.
- Sprite - A popular soft drink with lime flavor.
- Lemonade - An everyday drink made from water, sugar, and lemon juice.
Green Tea Shot Bar Accessories
Every shot gives a powerful kick, so you better have the right equipment to make these! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Jigger - Small measuring cup meant for cocktail ingredients.
- Cocktail Shaker - A container for cocktails to hold components that need to be shaken in order to be mixed.
- Strainer - A specific type of strainer that is commonly used for separating the drink itself from ice.
- Shot Glass - Glassware that holds an amount of cocktail that can be drunk with a gulp or a “shot”.
Green Tea Shot Food Pairings
Hors d’oeuvres are your go-to food when it comes to drinking shots. Smoked shrimp, deviled eggs, and crab-and-avocado toasts are some examples of hors d’oeuvre that you can try pairing with Green Tea Shots at your next party.
Green Tea Shots FAQ
1. Why is it called a green tea shot?
It is called green tea shot because of its greenish color. It is also known as Jameson Green Tea because it was originally created with a Jameson whiskey. This is a good shot to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
2. Is green tea shot made of green tea?
There is no actual green tea in green tea shots. It was just named such because of the greenish color and the hype on green tea as a good drink to aid in weight loss. However, if you are not too careful, this shot gives more calories per shot than you would have loved.
3. Are green tea shots strong?
Green tea shots are very pleasant to drink and if you are not careful, it is easy to drink more than you intended. The peach schnapps and the cranberry juice makes it very delicious and effectively masks the bitter taste of the whiskey.
See What Others Think About Green Tea Shots
View this post on Instagram
If you are a person who believes in taking the new year's party to another day too, green tea shot is certainly your cup of tea. But don't fall for the saying because green tea shot is not even remotely close to green tea. It is a dazzling combination of Jameson Irish whiskey and sour mix with some sprite and peach schnapps. Believe us, it tastes and looks way cooler than it sounds! Here's a simple way to make it and be the chosen bar chef you've always wanted to be! Ingredients 0.5 oz Jameson Irish whiskey 0.5 oz Peach schnapps Sprite (a dash) 0.5 oz sour mix Servings: 1 glass Prep Time: 5 minutes Method Step 1: Add 0.5 ounces of Jameson Irish whiskey to a shaker. Step 2: Add 0.5 ounces of peach schnapps and a dash of Sprite to the shaker. Step 3: Add 0.5 ounces of sour mix. Shake thoroughly and pour into a glass! Step 4: To make a perfect green tea shot, there should only be about 1 ounce of alcohol, half of that being a 40% alcohol content, the other half being 15-20% alcohol. This recipe makes only one shot; double the ingredients to prepare this for two shots. Also, if you were hoping to learn about a true-to-its-name green tea shot, simply use a half teaspoon of green tea extract powder and mix it into 2 ounces of water. Shake it up thoroughly and then drink it down, which should give you a healthy boost, although the taste might not be the most pleasant thing you've ever experienced! . . . P.S. Happy national tea month!☕️
Green tea shot as a drink is the best thing ever pic.twitter.com/bHDRaO41OV— जंग (@ShotsAndSluts) December 23, 2019
I love green tea shots. Smooth. I can down a shot in one sip or two to chill or three to savor. Plus, it’s green tea. It sounds healthy.— Joseph J. Miccolis (@JosephJMiccolis) December 22, 2019
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Jameson Green Tea Shot
Although this drink does not contain actual green tea, it is called Green Tea Shot because its color resembles that of the said healthy and relaxing beverage. Sweet and absolutely delicious, this shooter might just be the perfect choice to serve at your next party!
Calories 85, Sodium 13.6 milligrams, Carbs 12.8 grams, Sugar 8.3 grams, Protein 0.1 grams