Green Tea Shot is usually made of whiskey, peach schnapps and lemon or lime soda. Although the drink does not contain actual green tea, it is called Green Tea Shot since its color resembles that of the said healthy and relaxing tea. Sweet and absolutely delicious, this shooter might just be the perfect choice to serve in your next party!
Follow the recipe below to prepare your own Green Tea Shot.
Green Tea Shot Ingredients:
- 0.5 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 0.5 oz Peach Schnapps
- 0.5 oz Sour Mix
- A splash of Sprite or Lemonade
Green Tea Shot Preparation:
- Put equal amounts of whiskey, peach schnapps and sour mix into a shaker filled with ice.
- Cover the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain into shot glasses and top it off with lemonade or Sprite.
Enjoyed making this drink? Share this recipe!
Watch it here!
This recipe is a unique kind of shooter. And although nothing can top its interesting flavor, here are other whiskey-based shots that you can try as well.
- Vegas Bomb - Arguably one of the best shots ever made, this bomb shot makes use of whiskey and peach schnapps just like the Green Tea shot, along with malibu, red bull and cranberry juice.
- Whiskey Sour Apple Shots - This shooter makes the best of whiskey and the sour lime juice, cranberry juice and sour apple pucker.
- Whiskey Sour Jello Shots - An interesting take on whiskey sour shots, these jello shots are fun additions to make your party a lot more enjoyable.
Know Your Ingredients!
If the Green Tea Shot is not made from actual green tea, what exactly is in it? Read more below to find out!
- Jameson Irish Whiskey - Whiskey made from Ireland that is made from both unmalted and malted barley.
- Peach Schnapps - American sweetened liqueur made from fruit and spices, combined with neutral spirit
- Sour Mix - A mixture of simple syrup and lime/lemon juice that is commonly used in cocktails.
- Sprite - A popular soft drink with lime flavor.
- Lemonade - An everyday drink made from water, sugar and lemon juice.
Every shot gives a powerful kick, so you better have the right equipment to make these! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Jigger - Small measuring cup meant for cocktail ingredients.
- Shaker tin - A container for cocktails to hold components that need to be shaken in order to be mixed.
- Strainer - A specific type of strainer that is commonly for separating the drink itself from ice.
- Shot glass - Glassware that holds an amount of cocktail that can be drank with a gulp or a “shot”.
The Rise in Fame
The Green Tea Shot was practically a nobody until 2011, when drinkers from the US-specifically in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Ohio started making this shot trending. Though it may not be as popular in other countries as in the States, countries like Canada, Australia, United Kingdom and India seem to take a liking to it as well.
The Perfect Pair
Hors d’oeuvre are your go-to food when it comes to drinking shots. Smoked shrimp, deviled eggs, and crab-and-avocado toasts are some examples of hors d’oeuvre that you can try pairing with Green Tea Shots in your next party.
See What Others Think
View this post on Instagram
If you are a person who believes in taking the new year's party to another day too, green tea shot is certainly your cup of tea. But don't fall for the saying because green tea shot is not even remotely close to green tea. It is a dazzling combination of Jameson Irish whiskey and sour mix with some sprite and peach schnapps. Believe us, it tastes and looks way cooler than it sounds! Here's a simple way to make it and be the chosen bar chef you've always wanted to be! Ingredients 0.5 oz Jameson Irish whiskey 0.5 oz Peach schnapps Sprite (a dash) 0.5 oz sour mix Servings: 1 glass Prep Time: 5 minutes Method Step 1: Add 0.5 ounces of Jameson Irish whiskey to a shaker. Step 2: Add 0.5 ounces of peach schnapps and a dash of Sprite to the shaker. Step 3: Add 0.5 ounces of sour mix. Shake thoroughly and pour into a glass! Step 4: To make a perfect green tea shot, there should only be about 1 ounce of alcohol, half of that being a 40% alcohol content, the other half being 15-20% alcohol. This recipe makes only one shot; double the ingredients to prepare this for two shots. Also, if you were hoping to learn about a true-to-its-name green tea shot, simply use a half teaspoon of green tea extract powder and mix it into 2 ounces of water. Shake it up thoroughly and then drink it down, which should give you a healthy boost, although the taste might not be the most pleasant thing you've ever experienced! . . . P.S. Happy national tea month!☕️
Green tea shot as a drink is the best thing ever pic.twitter.com/bHDRaO41OV— जंग (@ShotsAndSluts) December 23, 2019
I love green tea shots. Smooth. I can down a shot in one sip or two to chill or three to savor. Plus, it’s green tea. It sounds healthy.— Joseph J. Miccolis (@JosephJMiccolis) December 22, 2019
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.