Birthday cakes may be the thing for a 5-year old but for an adult, but this is a version of a birthday cake that will surely delight the birthday celebrant! It’s a shot, c’mon, who can argue with it? With its colorful and creamy taste accented with rainbow sprinkles, this is too good to be true! You cannot even say it has alcohol in it.
Birthday Cake Shot Ingredients
- 1/4 cup ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
- 1 teaspoon pink gel food color, divided
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup cake-flavored vodka, chilled
- 1 cup Irish cream
- Whipped cream (optional)
Birthday Cake Shot Preparation
- Add a little gel coloring to the vanilla frosting and mix well.
- Rim the glass in shot glass with the frosting.
- Dip the glass in sprinkles.
- Mix the cake-flavored vodka and the Irish cream. Shake well.
- Stir in the remaining pink gel food color.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
Know Your Ingredients!
- Iced cake-flavored vodka - A dessert vodka with hints of buttercream frosting and baked vanilla; dessert vodka are those artificially flavored and tend to be sweeter and aromatic than the regular counterpart or the herb/fruit infused vodka
- Irish Cream - This is a non-alcoholic version of the Irish Cream so the resulting shooter is a good choice for new drinkers
- Jigger - A bar accessory used to measure the different ingredients of a cocktail or shooter
- Shaker - A glass, usually of metal, that is used to shake the ingredients of a cocktail or shooter together to chill it.
- Shot glass - A small glass used to serve shooters; this has a capacity of up to 2 ounces only
- Cocktail stirrer - This is a bar spoon with extra long stem that stirring of drinks is easier, even for extra tall glasses like the high ball glasses. It usually comes in set with the shaker although it can be bought alone.
The Rise in Fame
The birthday cake shot has been fashionable even 5 years ago, however, it seemed to have peaked in September of 2019. To say that it stayed in the bar scene for such a time can be deemed a success for a drink not so known. In the US, it is one of the sought-after drinks in Massachusetts, Washington, Nevada, Connecticut and Colorado.
Those entering the legal age seems to be adamant to start their drinking spree with this shot, as The Seattle Times reported in May 2019. This cute little shot, complete with sprinkles and whipped cream, is a surefire way to bring out the child within you as you welcome the adult (read: legal drinking age) for you.
The Perfect Pair
Celebrate your birthday with these party-worthy food that will go well with your vodka-laced drink. Desserts with vanilla flavoring like Vanilla Tres Leches Cake and Vanilla Bean Sable Cookies make for a very delicious pairing with the birthday cake shot. Try also this sinfully delicious Banana Caramel Cream Dessert and Creme Brulee Cookies or this protein-rich Hong Kong-style Egg Tarts. Your party will surely have a life of its own with these pairings served on the table.
See What Others Think
Disclaimer: We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.