Table of Contents
There are various ways to make your holiday magical. You can decide to showcase your cooking skills or put to the test your mixing skills, among many others. Anyone can go through a cookbook and come up with something mouthwatering, but not everyone can deliver a stunning mix of delicious cocktails. That is why you need to know about some of the best holiday cocktails that can transform a dull gathering of family and friends into a live party.
Having a few classic cocktails like margaritas and eggnog scattered all over the table can do the trick just right. But taking things up a notch can make those in attendance crown you the mixologist of the year. All you have to do is be a bit creative. If you are ready to stun your friends and family, here is a list of the top five excellent cocktails that you should consider.
Caramel Buttered Rum
Hot caramel buttered rum is a perfect cocktail for dessert. It comes with all the excellent ingredients, which gives it a sweet scent and a delectable taste. The cocktail comes from a combination of brown sugar, butter, caramel vodka, and rum. You may also include additional spices if you want to personalize the drink. It is among the few easy to make tea cocktails that have an incredible brown finish. Check out the recipe for the Caramel Buttered Rum below.
- 3 oz Ron Abuelo Añejo
- 1 oz Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka
- 1/4 stick Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp C&H Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Happy Belly Wildflower Honey
- 1 tsp McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Frontier Natural Products Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg
- McCormick Cinnamon Sticks
Instructions to make
- Boil water then transfer it into a jug for easy pouring.
- Add the brown sugar, spices and honey.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the caramel vodka and rum.
- Pour into an Irish coffee glass for a more festive feel and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Note: If you are in a hurry, you may skip making the syrup. Just pour everything (except the alcoholic ingredients) into a mug and add hot water. Add the vodka and rum and serve. However, the one with the syrup is better-tasting.
Moet Ring Master is a perfect blend of quality drinks that comes with a refreshing feel. It is a cocktail drink that will see people ask for more due to its tantalizing taste. The golden finish gives it a stunning appearance, and the flavors it unleashes makes it the most impressive holiday cocktail.
- 2 oz. Moet & Chandon Imperial Brut
- 1 oz. Apple & Eve 100% Apple Juice
- 1 oz. Hennessy VSOP Cognac
- 1 oz. Agave syrup
- 1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Orange, Lemon, & Lime garnishes
Instructions to make
- Add all the ingredients except the Moet into a shaker. Shake vigorously.
- Add Moet and only shake for a few seconds.
- Double strain the mixture in a highball glass and serve. To double strain, attach the bar strainer to the shaker then pour it into a glass through a wire strainer.
- For a pretty garnish, follow these steps:
- Remove the sections of a lemon and lime slices. Be sure the lemon fits into the lime ring.
- Insert an orange slice into the center of the lemon ring so it appears to be multi-colored.
You can also go creative with pomegranate royal, a cocktail that has a distinct texture thanks to the inclusion of pomegranate seeds. For you to come up with this bubbly drink, you need pomegranate seeds, dry sparkling wine, pomegranate liqueur, and any champagne of your liking. You need to ensure that you mix the ingredients thoroughly to give a desirable taste and a foamy appearance. The taste varies depending on the wine and champagne choice you make. Otherwise, it is among the most enjoyable holiday cocktails that will see you have a pleasant time with your family.
- 5 Natierra's Nature Pomegranate Arils
- 1 oz. pomegranate liqueur
- 4 oz. Champagne, Prosecco, Cava, or any dry sparkling wine
Instructions to make
- Add pomegranate arils to a champagne flute.
- Add liqueur, then pour in sparkling wine.
Nothing can heighten the holiday spirit better than winter sangria. It is a great cocktail that comes from sangria and mulled wine. You, however, need to prepare this drink at least three days before the party or gathering. Additional ingredients include Bartlett pears, sliced clementines, Grand Marnier, and cinnamon sticks for garnishment.
- 2 cups no-pulp orange juice
- 3 oz orange liqueur
- 2 tbsp Happy Belly Wildflower Honey
- 1 McCormick Cinnamon Stick
- 2 clementines, cut into sections
- 1 Granny Smith apples, cut into cubes
- 1 red Anjou pear, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 L sweet sparkling red wine, chilled
- Lemon-lime soda
Instruction to make
- In a punch bowl whisk the orange juice, orange liqueur and honey.
- Add the cinnamon stick, clementine, apple, and pear. Stir.
- Set aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add the wine and soda. Serve in Collins glasses filled with ice.
Blackberry Mulled Wine
If you are the type of person who loves going overboard with everything you do, then blackberry mulled wine is your type of cocktail.
- 350 g blackberries
- 10 oz. Apple & Eve 100% Apple Juice
- 50 g Indian Tree Super Fine Sugar
- 4 Organic Cloves
- 1/2 McCormick Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Vanilla Bean Kings Vanilla Pods
- 750 ml bottle red wine
- optional - fresh apple for garnish
Instruction to make
- Set aside 12 of the blackberries for garnish, and place the rest in a large saucepan.
- Add apple juice, caster sugar, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Split open the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and add both the pod and seeds to the pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 4-5 minutes until reduced and starting to turn syrupy.
- Reduce the heat, pour in the red wine, then heat gently for 5 minutes until steaming, (but not bubbling).
- Strain the mulled wine through a sieve to remove the blackberry seeds, mashing any juicy bits through the mesh with a fork.
- To make some fun apple garnishes for each cup, just slice the apple very thinly, use a biscuit cutter to punch out a hole in the center, and add to each cup along with two blackberries.
Each of the cocktails above delivers a special kick while unleashing fantastic flavors. They ensure your holiday turns out better than expected. Some allow customization, so make sure you make the right choice of additional ingredients when customizing. The idea is to introduce people to your world of classy and tasty cocktails.
For the Valentine’s day, try these beautiful cocktail ideas for your intimate party of two. A good spiked dessert is also a good way to cap your dinner. Needing some decor ideas for the Valentine’s day party? Try this chic but romantic design ideas. Don’t let the occasion pass without a gift for everyone, whether a romantic fling, parent, child or friend. Find gift ideas here.