When picturing that ideal spring day, a few things come to mind immediately. Perhaps that just-warm-enough sun providing you with endorphins and a nice tan without frying your skin red is the first thing that you imagine. Maybe it is a checkered picnic blanket, a basket full of cold cuts and cheese, and the shade of an oak tree with your significant other that indicates you have hit the perfect time of year.
When we think of the perfect spring afternoon, it is not complete without a cool, refreshing adult beverage. Whether at the neighborhood bar-b-que, a Florida beach, or your own personal getaway spot, having a batch of your favorite springtime drink makes any occasion a better one.
So, if you don’t already have a go-to spring or summer adult concoction, we have thought of some can’t-miss drinks to accompany your ideal spring day.
First step: get a copper mug. As we have made clear, these mugs will keep your cold drink as frosty as is humanly possible, for as long as humanly possible. We’re not fibbing, it’s science. The superior temperature conductivity of copper is no lie, so get your mug(s) before deciding upon your drink of choice.
Keep in mind that each drink, regardless of the glass it is prepared in, can be poured into a copper mug after mixing for optimal effect.
If you're out in the garden or enjoying spring sports, you might worry about damaging your copper mug. You might want alternative drinkware. Silipint offers great unbreakable drinkable to help you confidently enjoy your drink anywhere.
Let's take a look at the 14 Best Spring Break Drinks
1. Pimm’s Cup
This uniquely British cocktail is known as the choice of gardeners across the globe for good reason. It has a tang to it that exudes citrus and herbs, and has a relatively low alcohol content that will help you to remain at a steady pace throughout the afternoon while avoiding the dreaded insta-drunk state.
- Start with a Collins-size glass. Fill half with ice. Add a few cucumber slices, borage leaves, and any other garnishes you’d like to experiment with.
- Add 1 ½ ounces of Pimm’s No. 1 Cup, the spirit that gives this cocktail its name.
- Top the glass off with soda or lemonade, which we recommend, and repeat for an increasingly good time.
2. Spring Strawberry Sangria
The name alone lets you know it is refreshing, but you really don’t get the whole idea until you take a sip.
Strawberries and oranges are in season during spring, and it’s no coincidence we found the perfect drink to infuse them into.
- Begin with a highball glass, and pour into it 3 ounces of your choice of gin.
- Squeeze ½ of a blood orange into the glass. Dice 1 large strawberry into thin slices, and drop all but one into the glass as well.
- Fill the glass up with tonic water and stir.
- You’re welcome if you didn’t already have this in mind.
3. Green Tea Mojito, Ice Cold
- Begin with a Collins glass, in which you will muddle 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 3 large mint leaves, and 1 shiso leaf (if you can find it-if not, use a fourth mint leaf).
- Once the leaves are slightly bruised, add ice until the glass is about three quarters full.
- Pour in one ounce of white rum, and approximately a ½ cup of the freshest green tea you can find, having chilled it first.
4. Pina Coladas
One of the most popular spring break recipes is the pina colada. Making it is a very easy task.
- You begin with resealable plastic bag and lay it flat. Freeze until the bag becomes solid for a minimum of 3 hours.
- You gotta have this near a beach to get the best feel.
- Take the cream of coconut and coconut milk.
- Once you are done, take the pineapple puree, cream of coconut, coconut milk, lime juice, white rum and 3 cups of ice in a blender until the whole mixture is smooth.
- Now you again need to freeze the whole mixture unless its thickened.
- You need to blend it again so you get a slushy frozen drink consistency. That’s most of the work done.
- Now top off each with ½ oz of rum or else if you don’t have you can garnish with cherry and lime wedge.
5. Basil Citrus Cocktail
Basil Citrus Cocktail is one of the best fun drinks to make. Not only does this concoction tastes good but also has a very different flavor due to the strong influence of Basil.
- Begin with Sugar and 1/3rd cup of water and have it over the boil in a saucepan. Stir the basil leaves so the head gets removed. Do not overheat. Just a low flame would suffice
- Once it’s 30 minutes, take it off the heat and pour some lime juice, lemon juice, raspberries, orange juice into the blender.
- Strain basil syrup into blender, pressing on basil leaves. Finally strain it into the pitcher.
- Let the whole concoction settle down and then divide between 6 glasses filled with ice and garnish with basil sprigs.
- Basil leaves are also known for their medicinal properties.
6. Rhubarb Lemonade Slush
This is a great recipe which can be consumed by adults as well as kids. You need to have the key ingredient rhubarb for this. Rhubarb is a red colored stem of a plant.
- To begin, you need to place all the rhubarb, water and sugar in a saucepan. Keep the heat at medium boil and reduce to simmer with lid for until 5 minutes.
- Since Rhubarb generally tends to be tender you have to allow it to cool for around 20 minutes.
- Time to make puree of rhubarb and once done, place it into a large freezer proof container where you need to mix the puree and all the other ingredients.
- Freeze the whole thing overnight. Now if you know the time you are going to be serving the slush, 1 hour before serving, take the slush out and let it thaw.
- Take a big spoon and keep chopping the thawed slush.
- Once done, pour into the pitcher. Top the end mixture with strawberries.
7. Grilled peach & pineapple sangria
Sangria’s can be of various kinds. There are endless versions which you can make. Grilled peach and pineapple is something that’s made using sauvignon blanc or a white wine, lemonade, orange liqueur, sugar, cinnamon and some peaches.
- Begin by mixing wine, orange liqueur, lemonade and refrigerate. In a small bowl, combine melted some butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix all the ingredients well enough. Now the important step is to grill the peaches. Brush the butter mixture over cut side of peaches and pineapple slices.
- Once you are done, grill the fruit and keep up the heat for 4-5 minutes. Keep turning the fruits.
- Once done, remove the grill. Now that you have cut peach and pineapple into pieces.
- Add some fruits to sangria and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, use some pieces of the leftover fruits onto the skewers.
- Pour some ice and you are done.
8. Blackberry Beer Cocktail
Blackberry Beer cocktail is a concoction which you can turn into a virgin drink or just mix your own liqueur.
- To begin making your own blackberry beer cocktail, start with a large pitcher and combine beer in it.
- Add some lemonade concentrate, blackberries and vodka. Serve the whole drink with some ice and garnish with lemon slices.
- For you to make 4 bottles of 12 oz chilled beer, make use of 1 can (12 ounces) frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate and let it thaw for sometime.
- Once you have it. Now you need to make use of ¾ cup fresh blackberries which need to be thawed.
- Add ½ cup vodka to the whole concoction and add some ice cubes.
- Once your drink is complete then add some lemon slices. Blackberry beer can be enjoyed alongside some cooking stuff.
9. Dill Bloody Marys
Dill Bloody Marys is a drink that is made using ingredients like cornichons, tomato juice, vodka, kosher salt, chili powder and some lemons or stalks to garnish.
- You fill an ice tray and add some pickle juice and freeze for at least 6 hours until it is frozen. Now inside a large pitcher you have to combine all the key ingredients.
- Take a small plate so that you can stir all the key ingredients like salt and chili powder.
- Now once the concoction settles, you can use a small lemon wedge around the rim of the glass and dip it into salt mixture.
- Once the ice cubes are done, take them out and add them to the glasses and fill it with bloody mary mixture.
- In the end, garnish the drink with dill, mini pickles and some lemon wedge.
10. Spiked Lemonade
As the name says, spiked lemonade is a drink that needs things that is made using sugar, water, some lemon zest, vodka or rum and ice cubes.
- To begin making this drink. You have to take a large saucepan, add some sugar in it.
- Add 1 cup water and some lemon zest.
- Now you need to cook and stir over medium heat unless and until the sugar is dissolved for around 4 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Now stir the lemon juice and add some water. Once you are done, you have to pour it into a 2-qt.pitcher and refrigerate until chilled.
- At last you have to stir the rum.
- For every serving, place around ¾ to 1 cup ice in a glass which could be a highball glass or Collins glass.
- Once you are done then pour lemonade mixture into glass and garnish with lemon slices.
The whole drink has around 296 calories.
11. Strawberry Mimosas
This virgin drink is suitable for both kids and adults.
- Making this drink is both easy and goes well with a lot of food options. If you have a bowl of strawberries then take half the berries and put it into a blender alongside some orange juice.
- Cover the whole thing until the process becomes smooth.
- Press through a fine mesh strainer.
- Repeat with remaining strawberries and orange juice.
- Now you need to add ⅔ cup strawberry mixture into each champagne flute or a wine glass.
- Top the whole concoction with ⅓ cup champagne.
- Add some strawberry and an orange slice and your drink shall be ready.
A single cup of strawberry mimosas has around 112 calories.
12. Sweet Tea Boysenberry Shandy
As the name suggests, this vacation drink tastes sweet and is made from sugar and boysenberry syrup as the main ingredients.
- To begin making sweet tea boysenberry shandy, take a large saucepan and let the water boil for a while.
- After a while, remove from heat and add tea bags.
- Let the tea bags release juice and then throw them away. Now you can add sugar. For 1-½ cups, you can add 3/4th sugar.
- Sugar will convert into a syrup and post this process, stir in cold water.
- You can now put the concoction in a 3 quarter pitcher and put in the fridge to refrigerate.
- Stie the beer into this mixture, stir well and serve. You can garnish it with orange slices.
13. Guava Coconut Rum Cocktail
The guava coconut rum cocktail can also be made virgin where you just need to increase the amount of coconut water and guava nectar for every 3 ounce.
- Take a mixing container and add 3/4th ice. Add whatever rum you have and shake it with guava nectar, lemon juice, some syrup.
- Once you the condensed form of the concoction, strain it into a chilled glass.
- Add some ice and coconut water.
- Garnish with whatever you have.
A single serving has 197 calories,0 fat and 1 grams of protein.
14. Boozy Cherry Lemonade
Boozy cherry lemonade is a fun spring drink that can be made by anyone easily in just 5 minutes.
All you need is some fresh cherries, tart lemons and some sugar.
- To make a serving of 2 quarts, take a saucepan and over medium heat combine a cup of water, sugar and cherries.
- Take it off the heat and let the pan cool down for 15 minutes.
- Once done, combine lemon juice, vodka and add 3 cups of water into a large pitcher.
- Add a cooled cherry syrup and stir and add some ice.
- You can now garnish the whole drink with some mint, lemon slices and top it with cherries.
Manmosa often called as the manly drink is a recipe that is made from orange juice, vodka, beer and champagne.
- Making a manmosa is pretty simple.
- You have to take some beer and two tall glasses.
- Add around ½ cup of orange juice along with 1 ounce triple sec to each of those glasses.
- Around 1-1/3rd of the cup will give you 229 calories, 7 gm of sodium and 28 grams of sugar.
- If you are having a warm day, just go ahead and have a glass of manmosa.
- Like all other drinks, you can garnish this drink with mint leaves or some lemon.
16. Mixed Berry Sangria
How about a drink that can be had even after the drink is over. In a mixed berry sangria, you can serve a tasty sangria which is a very light and tasty beverage which you get with spoons.
- Making one of these drinks is very easy.
- You have to take a bottle of sparkling white wine, 2-½ cup of white cranberry juice, ⅔ red cup light or coconut rum, 1/3rd cup fresh blackberries and some ice cubes with cut strawberries.
- To make a mixed berry sangria which can be a great spring break drink, you need to take a large pitcher, go ahead with mixing some wine, juice and rum and then add some fruit.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours and serve with ice.
17. Bloody Maria
You may have heard of bloody mary which is a drink when the very popular bloody mary is mixed with tequila. Vodka has a very strong flavor and you don’t want something very hard hitting almost like a punch for your spring break.
Bloody maria is a drink in which the tequila adds a vegetal earthiness which can only be found in tequila.
- To make one such drink, you need 4 tsp jalapeno juice and 2 tsp hot sauce and around 6 tsp jalapeno juice with 3 tsp hot sauce.
- You can use horseradish in both.
- To enjoy bloody maria to the fullest, you can add some hot sauce and we are sure it will taste very good.
- You can even add some lime juice in this drink
18. Cerveza Margaritas
The cerveza margaritas is another very refreshing drink that gives you a feel of sitting around the beach. Here, you can double triple the amount of ingredients that you have.
- You need to begin making this by pouring some lemonade concentrate into a pitcher, stir to break into large chunks.
- Then you can add some beer, lemon-lime soda, tequila and stir everything well.
- Squeeze half of the lime into your margarita, cute the other lime half into wedges and garnish it over margarita glasses.
- A glass of this popular spring drink will be around 272 calories, 0 fat and 44 grams of carbs.
- You can also use some lime slices and kosher salt.
19. Sparkling Peach Bellinis
If you are someone who likes peach in their drinks then this will be a great spring drink to enjoy. The sparkling peach has a subtle peach flavor which goes really well with a hefty brunch.
- Making this peach drink is easy and you just need some peaches, honey, peach nectar and 2 bottles of champagne.
- Begin by getting the baking sheet ready and place some peach halves over them.
- Cut the sides up over the foil and drizzle with honey. Fold foil over peaches and seal it.
- You need to bake it at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Let it cool totally.
- Now transfer the peach puree to a pitcher, add some nectar and the bottle of champagne.
- Keep stirring until everything is mixed uniformly.
20. Strawberry Basil Cocktail
The strawberry basil vodka is one of the best cocktails for spring breaks that is a perfect smooth sip for your summer breaks. It has a refreshing mix of fresh strawberries, herbaceous basil and crisp 7Up along with subtle vodka.
- You need to begin by taking 2 ounces of strawberry syrup, 3 basil leaves, 1 ½ ounces vodka and ½ cup of 7Up drink.
- To begin making strawberry basil cocktail, combine the strawberries and mix it with some lime juice in a blender.
- While making each of these cocktails, you need to muddle basil leaves.
- Fill it with glass and some ice.
- Garnish the glass with strawberries, basil leaves and lime wedges.
21. Passion Fruit Hurricanes
Passion fruit hurricane is another great spring break drink which is made using passion fruit, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoon of sugar, lime juice, light rum, dark rum and around 3 spoons of grenadine syrup.
- Making it can be done easily inside a pitcher.
- To start making this drink, take a pitcher and combine fruit juice, sugar, lime juice, rum and some grenadine and add & stir some sugar.
- Pour into the hurricane or use a highball glass filled with ice.
- Serve it along with orange slices , starfruit slices and some cherries.
As you may have seen the number of options available when it comes to best spring break drinks. We have made sure to add all kinds of drinks like best vodka spring break drinks and best mixed drinks for spring break. There are also options that are virgin and so great to be consumed by kids and adults.