There’s nothing prettier and more mesmerizing than a blue drink. One great example would be the Electric Lemonade Cocktail. This drink gets its cool color from Blue Curacao. It gives a sweet and sour taste as well as a smooth consistency that is so easy to drink. This cocktail is perfect for summer outings and all-around gatherings as it is always prepared to refresh any thirsty drinker. If you want to get hammered without feeling the sting of alcohol, this drink is for you.
Electric Lemonade Cocktail Ingredients
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 0.5 ounces blue curacao
- 4 ounces lemonade
- lemon-lime soda
- lots of ice
Electric Lemonade Cocktail Preparation
- Add ice to a glass.
- Add vodka, Blue Curacao, and lemonade and stir.
- Top with lemon-lime soda.
There you have it! Refreshing electric lemonade cocktail in less than 30 seconds.
Watch it Here
1. Electric Lemonade
- 1.5 oz citron vodka
- 0.5 oz blue curacao
- 2 oz sour mix
- 12 oz lemon-lime soda
- Simple syrup (optional)
- Lemon for garnishing
- Fill a Collins glass with ice.
- Pour in vodka, blue curacao, and sour mix. You can make your own using this recipe.
- Sweeten with simple syrup (this step is optional).
- Fill the glass with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve with a straw.
2. Tangy Electric Lemonade Cocktail
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz blue curacao
- 2 oz lemonade
- lemon-lime soda
- Squeeze of lime
- Lime for garnishing
- Add vodka, blue curacao, and lemonade to an ice-filled shaker.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour the mixture into it.
- Add lemon-lime soda and a squeeze of lime.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
3. Electric Lemonade Cocktail (Variant 2)
- Shake the first three ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with lemon-lime soda.
- Float the blue curacao on top.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and maraschino cherry
Kids Can Enjoy It Too!
Having kids with you? Don’t worry, here’s an enticing kid’s version you can try that’s perfect for a hot summer party. This is one ‘mocktail” that will surely electrify the kids and leave the parents to enjoy their not-so-innocent drinks.
4. Frozen Electric Lemonade Mocktail
- 0.5 oz Blue Curacao Syrup
- 2 oz Lemonade
- 4 oz of lemon-lime soda
- Splash of pineapple juice
- Simple syrup to taste
- In a blender, combine 1 cup ice and all the ingredients and blend lightly.
- Pour in a tall glass and drizzle with simple syrup on top.
- Add a wooden stirrer skewered with lemon wedges as garnish.
Know Your Ingredients
- Blue Curacao - A liqueur made from orange peels grown on the Dutch island of Curaçao. It gives a sweet and bitter flavor and is artificially colored blue.
- Sour mix - A mixer that is made from equal parts of lemon and lime juice and simple syrup and is often used in cocktails.
- Lemon-lime soda - Carbonated soft drinks made from lemon and lime flavorings.
- Collins glass - A type of glass that is cylindrical in shape, taller and narrower than a highball glass, and usually contains 300 - 410 milliliters. It is usually the type of glass used in Electric Lemonade.
- Shaker - An essential tool in cocktail making that is used to mix and shake contents to make a drink.
- Jigger - A measuring tool used in the cocktail making which usually has measures of 0.5 - 2.5 oz.
The Rise in Fame
Electric lemonade is popular in the US, particularly in the states of Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Texas. It is also popular in Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, and Mexico. It was most popular during the first week of July probably in time for the Fourth of July celebration.
Electric lemonade got into a little celebrity status when it made the news in December 2019. Roy G’s, a new bar that will soon serve the people of Dallas, Texas decided to feature a rainbow palette of the drinks which will include the Frozen Electric Lemonade. Siblings Mariel and Marco Street and also the owner of Liberty Burger with franchises in different states of the US says the bar is also a tribute to their father and his recently closed down chain of bar and grill, Snookie’s. Mariel and Marco also co-founded Street’s Fine Chicken and decided a bar can help them loosen up a bit from all the pressures of running chain stores.
The Perfect Pair
Vodka, the base for electric lemonade pairs well with cured or smoked meat. Here are some suggestions to keep your stomach filled while having a lovely bond with friends. Smoked salmon canapes, pickled radish, beef jerky, and Feta-dill dip for chips are also good pairing choices for electric cocktail lemonade.
See What Others Think
About to taste the electric lemonade cocktail for the first time. Yay! Life's little pleasures.— Njoki (@njoki_kk) January 31, 2014
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.