Summertime is just around the corner and what better way to spend it than to enjoy a delightful glass of Malibu Bay Breeze. This tropical drink is the ideal cocktail to have by the beach and at parties. Those vibrant colors of red-orange ombre effect definitely add up to the ultimate beach vibe. Here’s how you’ll make it:
Malibu Bay Breeze Ingredients:
- 2 oz. coconut rum
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. cranberry cocktail
- Ice cubes
- Orange slice for garnish (optional)
Malibu Bay Breeze Preparation:
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour over the coconut rum, followed by the pineapple juice and lastly, the cranberry cocktail.
- Garnish with an orange slice. You can also use a maraschino cherry or a lemon wedge. Enjoy!
You can also watch the recipe here:
If you like this drink, you can also enjoy its siblings. Here are a couple variations you can try:
- Tropical Rum Punch - The ultimate tropical beverage perfect on a hot sunny day.
- Madras Cocktail - A mix of vodka and cranberry is sure to pass any list of party drinks.
- Cranberry Lava Flow - Its preparation is quite complicated but its taste is simply delicious.
- Pink-a-colada - The pink version of pina colada that features cranberries.
Know Your Ingredients
Interested in making this drink? Know its components first so you can enjoy it more!
- Coconut Rum (Malibu) - Coconut flavored liqueur made with Carribean rum.
- Cranberry Cocktail - juice of cranberries processed with alcohol content and added sugars.
- Pineapple Juice - The liquid obtained from pressing the tropical fruit, pineapple. It is often used as an ingredient in many cocktails and drinks.
Know the accessories too used in making this awesome drink!
- Old fashioned Glass - a short glass usually used to serve whiskey. In making Malibu Bay Breeze, you can also use a tall glass like a highball glass to better show the ombre of the drink.
- Jigger - A measuring tool used in making cocktails.
The Rise In Fame
Malibu Bay Breeze is prominent in a place known for its shores and expressways - New Jersey! The drink is always present during summer and of course, parties. New Jersey also has an Italian population so this drink goes well with pizza.
The Malibu Bay Breeze has a fruity and tangy taste that makes it perfect to have on a summer day. Its tropical flavor will surely make you remember the beach but you can always enjoy it anywhere you like.
The Perfect Pair
Surely, the drink can be enjoyed by itself, but it’ll be more enjoyable when paired with food. The best foods to eat alongside Malibu Bay Breeze include seafood like shrimp, fish tacos or fresh fish preparations like ceviche. It also goes well with chicken and beef dishes since it cuts the fatiness and compliments them very well.
See What Others Think
There is no drink superior to the malibu bay breeze sorry I don't make the rules— old man winter (@StephMung) March 8, 2017
the fact that i'll be rolling around in the miami sand with a malibu bay breeze 24/7, in 44 days makes me BEYOND happy🤗🌴🌊🍹— JORD♛ (@jorddbaaby) January 26, 2017
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.