Fruit-infused moonshine is perfect for those who prefer a sweeter taste, and what better way to get started with the pure taste of strawberries. To make strawberry moonshine, you’ll need sugar, lemon, water, Everclear, and strawberries. Before we get started, you should familiarize yourself with the basics of moonshine making.
In 2005, the Piedmont distillers became the first legal distillation and distributor of fruit-infused moonshine in North Carolina, USA. Their effort was to restore the reputation of this criminally clear alcohol, which turned out to be a success since legal distillation spread worldwide in countries like Libya, Russia, and Scotland.
Strawberry Moonshine Recipe
Strawberry moonshine is the perfect drink for the summer. It’s refreshing, easy to make, and provides plenty of health benefits because it’s low in calories, sodium-free, and fat-free.
- 800g Sugar
- 96 oz. Water
- 40 oz. Everclear (190 proof)
- 32 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 24 oz. Strawberry Purée
How to Make
- Pour water and sugar into a large pot. Put that on low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool at room temperature.
- Wash and remove the stems of your strawberries.
- Dice your strawberries into small pieces and use your blender to puree them.
- Add your purée and lemon juice into your mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add your Everclear into the mix and stir.
- Strain your mixture into a mason jar to remove the pulp.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks to bring back the fruity flavor.
Strawberry Moonshine Recipe Variations
Salty Strawberry Moonshine
If you’re looking for a salty flavor, you can try this strawberry moonshine recipe. If you don’t have pink Himalayan salt, you can use regular or kosher salt.
- 5 oz. Grapefruit Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 5 oz. Strawberry Juice
- 2.5 oz. Moonshine
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Strawberry for garnish
- Ice (crushed)
How to Make
- Pour the ice, juice, and moonshine into a shaker. Shake the ingredients to combine.
- Rim the edge of a glass with salt.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Pour the mix into a glass and garnish with strawberries.
Strawberry and Mango Moonshine
Having a strawberry and mango moonshine will transport you to a nice tropical beach. Vacation is just one drink away with this strawberry moonshine recipe variant.
- 64 g Sugar
- 20 oz. Everclear (190 proof)
- 16 oz. Mango Juice
- 10 oz. Mango Rum
- 8 oz. Water
- Mangos (diced)
How to Make
- Pour sugar, water, and mango juice into a pot. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Take it off the heat and let cool it at room temperature.
- Pour alcohol in and stir.
- Put the mango chunks and strawberries in a mason jar and pour the mix in.
- Store it in the refrigerator for 10 days to infuse the flavor.
Strawberry Shortcake Moonshine
Who says you can’t drink cake? This festive strawberry moonshine recipe will swoon any pastry lover.
- 256g Sugar
- 20 oz. Moonshine
- 16 oz. Club Soda
- 8 oz. Strawberry Syrup
- 4 tbsp. Strawberry Jam
- 3 lbs. Strawberries (cut in half)
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1.5 oz. Cake Vodka
- 0.5 oz. Whipped Vodka
How to Make
- Pour half the strawberries into a container, layer half of the sugar on top of the strawberries, then pour the remaining strawberries on top and layer the remaining sugar.
- Cover and place it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- After it’s been chilled, add the frozen berry mix in a saucepan along with the strawberry syrup.
- At medium heat, bring the mix to a boil.
- Lower the temperature and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and strain the mixture into a large bowl.
- Let it cool at room temperature.
- In another saucepan, add the strawberry jam and a splash of club soda at low heat.
- Mix until the jam has a syrup-like consistency.
- Add the jam syrup, lemon juice, club soda, and moonshine into the large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Using a mason jar, add 2/3 moonshine mixture, 1.5 oz Cake Vodka, and 0.5 oz. of whipped vodka.
- Refrigerate so the flavors can come out.
The Perfect Pair to Strawberry Moonshine
You can never go wrong with sweet and salty. With strawberry moonshine, it’s obvious to pair it with savory dishes. We highly recommend pairing strawberry moonshine with a tasty mouthwatering pork belly; its juicy flavors are perfect to counter the sugary taste. You can also try finger foods for cocktail parties.
If you like cocktails at a barbecue or drinks by the pool, strawberry moonshine is a divine choice. It combines the sweet fruity taste of strawberries and the kick of our very own mountain dew. Just a reminder that moonshine is still an illegal drink to make, so only buy from authorized distributors for your safety.
What did you think of these strawberry moonshine recipes? Let us know in the comments below.