No cocktail party is complete without a few complimentary small plates. A nibble-worthy spread is easy to make and will keep your guests satiated as they sip and converse. Whichever snack you choose to serve, make sure it balances the character of each drink.
For wine lovers, cheese and fruit-based foods are always a great choice. Sweeter drinks pair well with savory meats, offering a more complex flavor profile. Couple dry cocktails with your favorite pub mix to let the quality and richness of the spirit shine through. Below we’ve detailed our top three finger foods to round out your next cocktail hour or drink mixer. These can be modified to fit your tastes, and they work with a variety of nutritional lifestyles.
Listen to this Blog
Charcuterie and Cheese Board
A charcuterie and cheese board is made of curated meats, cheeses and a variety of accompaniments. This is an ideal option for all types of wine, including citrusy whites, blush or dry reds and dessert wines like Cava and Riesling. To create your own, we recommend pairing any of the following:
- Cheese - Opt for a soft cow's milk cheese like aged brie, a semi-soft goat or blue cheese and a hard cheese like smoked gouda.
- Meats - Savory choices include Prosciutto, salami, capicola, and chorizo.
- Jam - Choose from full-flavored fruit preserves like apple, blackberry and fig.
- Fruit - Olives, grapes and dates all balance the meat and cheese mix.
Place everything on a platter and serve with bread and crackers. Make sure to use our Crystal Wine Glasses for your favorite vino.
Slow Cooker Meatballs
Meatballs are easy to customize with your favorite seasonings and sauces, making them the perfect choice for any cocktail party. If you’re short on prep time, we suggest buying pre-cooked meatballs instead of making them from scratch. Vegetarian options are widely available in stores, so choose the kind of meat that your guests will most enjoy. Place them in the slow cooker, on low, a few hours before the party. Then, serve on a platter with toothpicks and enjoy. Here are some of our favorite meatball recipes:
- Traditional Spaghetti Meatballs - tomato sauce, garlic and herb seasonings, sea salt and parmesan cheese
- Swedish Meatballs - beef stock, cream, black pepper, rosemary and soy sauce
- Teriyaki Meatballs - black pepper, garlic salt, teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds
Everyone loves a good burger, and mini patties are a deliciously savory snack option. Choose from ground beef, turkey or chicken, then season the meat with your favorite spices. Grill them in small sections on the stovetop, and serve on mini buns with all the fixings. We recommend pairing the sliders with a round of homemade Moscow mules in our pure copper mugs.
Watch the Video