French Hot Chocolate
Impress your friends and family with this fancy homemade French hot chocolate recipe. You can make a big batch of the base ahead of time, then just add milk for each guest who wants it!
- Melt chocolate into water over low heat.
- Stir in sugar and salt over low heat. Continue to heat and stir until it is pretty thick, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Fold the chocolate into whipped cream and set it in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, add two heaping tablespoons of the chocolate cream mixture to a mug, then fill with hot milk.
- Finish off with a dash of bourbon if desired.
You can store the leftover chocolate in an airtight container. When ready to use again, reheat it in the microwave.