Blackberry Cardamom Mulled Wine
This more delicate, floral mulled wine plays up the essence of a jammy Malbec or Zinfandel with blackberry and vanilla bean. It also adds cardamom to give it an exciting twist!
- Put a small (1 to 2-qt.) pot on a stovetop, pour in the wine, and add a cinnamon stick.
- Add the remaining ingredients in a cheesecloth and twine. Add the cheesecloth to the pot of the warming mixture and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Ladle wine over the cheesecloth, cover, and heat for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, ladle wine over the cheesecloth again and heat covered for another 5 minutes.
- After a total of 10 minutes, remove the cinnamon stick, then repeat the ladling of wine. Continue to stir and heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add sugar for desired sweetness.