Have a bunch of unfinished spirits from the recent holidays or party that are not enough to serve for another party? Easy peasy. Throw everything into a punch bowl for delicious Irish Trash Can Drink. Add a can of energy soda and you’re ready to party again! This time, probably to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
So, here’s the recipe for the Irish Trash Can that anyone can do. Oops! Not, anyone. Sorry, minors! No virgin version of this too, so better wait till you’re old enough to have a go on this. This recipe is good for 1 Collins glass of this delicious drink.
Irish Trash Can Drink Ingredients:
- 0.5oz gin
- 0.5oz vodka
- 0.5 oz triple sec
- 0.5oz blue curacao
- 0.5oz light rum
- 0.5oz peach schnapps
- 1 can energy soda
Irish Trash Can Drink Preparation:
- Fill a Collins glass with ice.
- Add all the liquors and stir.
- Tip over a can of energy soda into the glass. The yellow contents will blend with the blue curacao turning the contents of the glass green.
Know Your Ingredients
- Gin - a distilled spirit made from grains and flavored with juniper and botanicals such as coriander, orange and lemon peels, and many others
- Vodka - a distilled spirit made most commonly from grains or potatoes; it is Russian in origin
- Triple sec - a variety of the Curacao liqueur, triple sec is a strong, sweet and colorless orange-flavored liqueur
- Blue curacao - the more known Curacao liqueur variety, it is flavored with bitter oranges (laraha) from the Curacao islands in the Southern Caribbean Seas near Venezuela
- Light rum - distilled from sugarcanes, this liquor has a sweet but subtle flavor and just as much alcohol by volume as the dark rum
- Peach schnapps - heavily sweetened liquor made by steeping peaches in neutral grain spirit
- Collins glass - a tall cocktail glass with a capacity of 8-10 oz
- Jigger - a bar accessory for measuring the amount of spirits; it has a capacity of 0.5oz to 2oz
The Rise in Fame
Irish Trash Can recently gained popularity in the US (West Virginia, North Dakota, Idaho, Dist. of Columbia, Oklahoma) and Canada.
The Perfect Pair
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, or any holiday, party or event for that matter, in style. Go Chinese with this Shrimp and Pork Dumplings. Pile up on some carbs with this bacon-wrapped plantains or some chips dipped in Spinach-Dill-Cheese Dip. Or you can recreate the real Irish tradition with this Corned Beef Bagel Dip or this Irish Soda Bread.
Check out our Irish Moss Drink recipe.
See What Others Think
View this post on Instagram
Idaho sure knows how to do their Irish Trashcans properly. Hard to find them done right down here in Orlando! #IrishTrashcan #CricketsBarAndGrill #CricketsCDA #CDAIdaho #CoeurDAlene #CDA #Idaho #NorthIdaho #KootenaiCounty #VisitIdaho #DowntownCDA #ShermanAve #DowntownCoeurDAlene #alcohol #mixeddrink #RedBull
Some of y'all are missing out on our New Menu! #Drinks #MondayMood #Irish #TrashCan #Vodka #Gin #TripleSec and... Come on in to find out and Try it out! https://t.co/8Ajk5h0SIH pic.twitter.com/14qVSTkR58— Texas Lil's Bar & Grill Temecula (@TexasLilsGrill) July 29, 2019
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.