Brand: Bonnecaze Absinthe & Home
- Accommodates 1 to 4 glasses.
- Stands 24" tall (with lid) with approx. 11.75" under spouts for glasses.
- Metallic plating over heavy brass and mouth-blown, clear glass bowl.
- Bowl holds approx. 9 cups (2.1 liters) of water.
- Instructions and history of absinthe included.
Details: Now you can have a visit from the Green Fairy herself with this winged Lady Absinthe Fountain. Absinthe has commonly referred to as "la fée verte" (the green fairy) for over a century because of its greenish hue. Although not a reproduction of a vintage Belle Epoque absinthe fountain, these lady designs are perhaps our most popular fountain. The lid is adorned with the classic "pineapple" finial and is removable to add ice water into the glass bowl, which includes a water filter. The pineapple represents hospitality and friendship. The glass bowl is mouth blown and the fountain is handmade. Absinthe fountains were mostly used in high-end bars because of their expensive price tag. They were brought to the table, where the customer would prepare the absinthe himself. Absinthe fountains were (and still are) the preferred way to prepare absinthe, as one can perfectly control the rate of water. But unfortunately due to accidents, very few fountains have survived intact with its original glass bowl.