Brand: Bonnecaze Absinthe & Home
- Accommodates 1 to 4 glasses.
- Stands 21" tall (with lid) with approx. 8.75" under spouts for glasses.
- Metallic plating over heavy brass and mouth-blown, clear glass bowl.
- Bowl holds approx. 9 cups (2.1 liters) of water.
- Instructions and history of absinthe included.
Details: This fountain is a wonderful reproduction of a late 19th century Belle Epoque absinthe fountain. The glass bowl is mouth blown and the fountains are hand made. Absinthe fountains were mostly used in high-end bars because of their expensive price tag. They were brought to the table, where the customer would prepare the absinthe himself. Absinthe fountains were (and still are) the preferred way to prepare absinthe, as one can perfectly control the rate of water. But unfortunately due to accidents, very few fountains have survived intact with its original glass bowl.