Food and beverage establishments primarily use coasters to prevent the moisture from cold drinks or the heat from hot beverages from marring or marking the surface beneath them. They also protect tables and countertops from accidental liquid spillage or unwanted ring marks, keeping the furniture in good condition and prolonging its life.
Bar owners and restaurant operators often use coasters as decorative accents to give character to the premises and add a touch of class to their services. Customized coasters are also ideal for advertising their businesses, promoting their products, or conveying a message to their customers.
Things to Consider Before Buying Bar Coasters
- Material. Bar coasters are available in a wide range of materials such as paper, cork, rubber, plastic, silicone, marble, slate, wood, woven straw, and many others. Choose the one that will work best for you and your bar furniture.
- Absorption Capacity. When deciding which coasters to buy, it is essential to note that some materials are more naturally absorbent than others. Fabric and cork coasters can effectively absorb liquid, while coasters made from plastic or stone will only get pooled. You may want to choose absorbent coasters as they provide more protection against drips and spills.
- Durability. Wooden or bamboo coasters are prone to warping or cracking when spilled on too frequently, but you can find one with an anti-warping finish. Some coasters made of stone can be fragile and tend to break, so look for the shatter-resistant variations. When it comes to durability, silicone can be a safe option, but of course, it depends on the product’s quality.
- Cleaning and Maintenance. Some materials, including plastic, rubber, and silicone, are easy to clean. However, other coasters can be challenging to maintain, like slate and wooden coasters. They require proper care and maintenance regularly.
- Size. As a general rule of thumb, you should choose a coaster that can accommodate your glasses or mugs with the widest diameter. You don’t want to have a coaster that you cannot use with all of your drinkware. To ensure that you are buying the right size, you can measure your largest glass and compare it to the size of the coaster you are eyeing to buy.
- Features. Additional features provide added functionality and efficiency to any product. For coasters, you may want to look for non-slip backing to help prevent your glasses from sliding. There are also coaster sets that include a holder that allows convenient and organized storing of coasters when they are not in use.
- Decorative Style. Bar coasters come in a broad spectrum of shapes, styles, and designs to suit various bar needs and preferences. Choose the coasters that will complement your bar’s decorative style and will contribute to its aesthetic appeal. If you tend to redecorate your bar regularly, you may opt for neutral designs that will go well with a wide range of decors.
Advanced Mixology carries a great selection of bar coasters for you to choose from and meet all your bar needs. Shop now!