A fruit packed with great flavors like pomegranate is widely used by a lot of us, from jams to juices and dishes to desserts, it gives not only a lively color but also intense taste to any dish or drink.
Here is a simple recipe that you can enjoy.
Did you know?
Pomegranate Whiskey Sour Ingredients:
- 20ml water
- 21g granulated Sugar
- 43g pomegranate seeds
- 120ml Bourbon Whiskey
- 60ml Lemon juice
- 60ml pomegranate simple syrup
Pomegranate Whiskey Sour Preparation:
- In a saucepan, make a simple syrup, combine water and sugar. Bring to boil then turn off the heat and put the pomegranate seeds, set it aside to cool down.
- Using a blender, crash the pomegranate simple syrup then strain. Use the liquid part and discard seeds and other pulp.
- For the cocktail, mix all together the other ingredients including the simple syrup in a shaker and shake properly.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture on a glass with ice. Use orange peel for extra garnish and flavor.
Watch It Here:
The Rise in Fame
Over the years, pomegranate showed its durability, as a foreign fruit in the US, it still achieved to be used as the main ingredient for one of the Whiskey Sour versions. And became known since then.
Invent your own drinks using whiskey and other ingredients and a dash of pomegranate flavor to make it more delicious. Enjoy!
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.