Mocktails are a great way to enjoy fun times without losing the grip of your senses!
Non-alcoholic beverages or mocktails are sophisticated-looking drinks that we all can enjoy to lift our mood. These wonderful drinks are fairly simple to prepare and don’t even require costly ingredients to shake up your budget.
We bring to you a straightforward mocktail recipe that has plenty of fresh ingredients and herbs to positively impact your mind, body, and soul while you are still having fun. Pomegranate mojito is a very beautiful-looking beverage and is a hit among the kids. It has fresh fruity flavors and a lovely tang that enhances the deliciousness of this drink.
So, here is how you can assemble this very delicious and refreshing non-alcoholic drink!
- 1 cup Fresh pomegranate kernels
- 1 cup Fresh orange juice
- 2 large Fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup Fresh mint leaves
- 1-inch piece Ginger root
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- ½ cup Sparkling water or Sprite (optional)
- 4-5 Ice cubes
- Strawberry slices, a few sprigs of fresh mint leaves, orange slices (for garnish)
- Save two tablespoons of pomegranate kernels to be used for garnishing in a separate bowl.
- Add the remaining kernels in mortar and pestle and crush them until almost all are juiced. You may do the same in batches if you cannot accommodate all kernels at once.
- Transfer all of it into a shaker.
- Now, add strawberry slices, ginger root, and fresh mint leaves into the same mortar and pestle. Pound all of these ingredients well for about 2 minutes until the strawberries are smashed well. Transfer it all into the same shaker that contains pomegranate juice.
- Add lemon juice, orange juice, and ice cubes to the shaker.
- Cover and shake all the ingredients well for a minute.
- Strain the beverage into serving glasses.
- Top the beverage with sparkling water and garnish with any ingredient of your choice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Bar Tools Needed to Make Pomegranate Mojito
Appliance-wise, use good old mortar and pestle to muddle up the ingredients. This tool helps to extract maximum flavors from the ingredients without making the drink too pungent.
In case you struggle with your in-house mortar and pestle, we recommend you to read this article ‘Best Mortar and Pestles of 2021’ from The Daring Kitchen, where you will find a great range of product recommendations and genuine reviews for each of the featured product.
Another simple tool you need to prepare this drink is a shaker. Use any shaker you have at home, even the one you use to make a quick milkshake for your child. You won’t need to shake the ingredients too hard to retain this fruity mojito’s fresh flavors if you pound the ingredients well.
Mocktail or Cocktail?
Mojito is an alcohol-free drink that excites you like its alcoholic counterpart, read cocktail, without leaving you with the latter’s side-effects. Moreover, this beverage category can be consumed by both non-adults and adults mainly because it is alcohol-free.
This makes this beverage the perfect companion for family gatherings where you can shake up a large batch of pomegranate mojito. This will save your time to plan or prepare many versions of beverages suitable for people of various age groups. Just a suggestion, those who love alcohol can always stir in some vodka or gin to meet their requirements.
Tips for Healthy Pomegranate Mojito
Ingredient wise, buy the freshest and brightest of the ingredients to savor great flavors. It is optional to add sparkling water or sprite into this beverage.
Thinking from a health perspective, skip adding either of them to turn this mojito into an all-natural and preservative-free drink. That is something you can serve to your children guilt-free! You will be surprised at how happy the children will take to this essentially herbed mixed fruit juice.
Is this Pomegranate Mojito Really Healthy?
This beverage is free from added sugars if prepared without the use of sparkling water or sprite. Honestly, you won’t feel the need to add either of them as this drink is naturally sweet anyways.
When juiced, fresh and ripe pomegranate, strawberries, and orange give pretty sweet produce that doesn’t need to be sweetened further with added sugar. Besides that, fruit-based mocktails are a great way to party while you get to nourish your body with the right nutrients, namely vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and lots of water.
We definitely recommend you try this simple but healthy pomegranate mojito recipe. Hope we proved that it is perfect for every occasion such as family gatherings, parties, weddings, or dates. That’s not judgmental to prepare this rich in nutrients pomegranate mojito just to elevate your mood over the weekdays.