A distilled alcoholic beverages mostly from corn has a distinct taste that most people love and enjoy, bourbon! It is another kind of whiskey that has its own character. And it is good to be paired with the zesty zing of lemon and syrup makes a well known "bourbon sour" drink.
Try this recipe and relax with the flavors a bourbon sour can give.
Bourbon Sour Ingredients:
- 45ml Bourbon Whiskey
- 30ml lemon juice
- 120ml sugar syrup
- 25ml rosemary simple syrup
- lemon peel and rosemary for garnish
Bourbon Sour Preparation:
- In a saucepan ,put the sugar syrup and rosemary then bring to a boil and let it cool.
- In a shaker, put all ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Use a strainer to transfer the mixture to a rocks glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel and fresh rosemary.
Know Your Ingredients
- Lemon - a citrus fruit that gives a zesty flavor to a drink
- Bourbon - distilled alcoholic beverages made from corn
- Egg whites - a part of an egg.
- Shaker - this is what you use to mix ingredients properly
- Strainer - this is used to separate solids with the liquid part of the drink
- Rocks glass - also known as the old fashioned glass
The Rise in Fame
Bourbon sour became famous in Ohio, South Carolina, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Virginia for almost 15 years. They love the simple and delicate taste of the drink. Aside from the US, Australia, UK and Germany also enjoyed bourbon sour as much as they do.
The Perfect Pair
Bourbon can be paired with a lot of dishes, when it comes to meat, it can be with ham and bacon, also fruits and nuts enhances the taste of bourbon. In other words, whether it's sweet, smoky or has a little spicy kick to it, it can be paired with a glass of Bourbon.
With the simple and clean taste bourbon has, with a slight zesty taste of citrus can make a good drink, worthy to be called one of your "favorite" cocktails!
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.