Everyone deserves a good laugh, especially during these trying times. And what better way to pull off a hilarious practical joke than playing the best drinking card games right on time for April Fools Day.
These entertaining and challenging drinking card games let you showcase your hidden tricks and make fun of your friends. So, grab your favorite drink and get ready to laugh till you drop!
Our Top Picks
|These Cards Will Get You Drunk - Most Fun|
|Unstable Unicorns - Best NSFW|
|Sotally Tober - Best Gift|
This best drinking card game delivers its promise, which is to get you and your friends drunk. The game is scary yet straightforward to play as you will never know what the card will hold.
Technically, the goal of the game is to make everyone in the group drunk. The person who is soberer at the end wins. Each card lets you do something hilarious to the point that giving up and drinking is just a better solution.
Here are some funny pranks you wouldn’t want to miss out on:
- Pick an animal. Everyone else must imitate the sound that animal makes. The worst imitation has to make the drink.
- Everyone must hold a plank. The first person to fall has to drink.
- Everyone votes on who is the most likely to die first in a horror movie. That person drinks.
How To Play It
Great for 2-8 players, you will take turns drawing a card to make you do hilarious tasks. You can also incorporate your own rules into the game. There is a no-point system since everyone will most likely be too drunk to count! The tasks will be more challenging and hilarious as you drink.
- Draw a card.
- Follow the rules (or don’t).
Buzzed is one of the best drinking games that you and your friends shouldn’t take lightly. “This Is The Game That Gets You And Your Friends Hydrated.” Seriously, you will never have enough booze once you start doing the dares.
This game is full of crazy pranks and naughty jokes that no round is ever the same. What’s even funnier is you get to confess, compete, and vote with your friends. If you feel a little wild, you can “cheat” and go hard on your friends. Come on; it’s April Fools!
Here are some questions that may pop out:
- If your parents bought you a car in high school...
- If you ever studied abroad in Europe and “it totally changed your life”...
- If you like cottage cheese...
How To Play It
Pick a card, follow the instructions, and drink. Take turns drawing a card from the top of the deck. When it’s your turn, read the card out loud, and either you or the group will drink based on the prompt on the card.
Lather, rinse, repeat until you’re buzzed! It’s super easy to play and with 180 cards designed for 3 to 20 players.
This best drinking card game is the wildest one that will make celebrating April Fools Day memorable. It features four decks, a total of 200 cards that are loaded with questions, challenges, and dares that you can complete in a single night!
The cards range from casual, wild, and inappropriate. Perfect for 4 to 12 players, the good thing is that you can choose which genre to enjoy.
Here are some funny dares you might encounter:
- Take a shower fully clothed for 10 seconds.
- Call your parents and tell them you are expecting a baby.
- Pick a player to remove 1 article of clothing.
How To Play It
This game comes with four different decks (50 cards per deck). You can decide to play with 1,2,3, or all four decks to match the mood!
- Players take turns (clockwise) picking from the deck of their choosing. You can mix and match decks however you see fit.
- All cards drawn must be read out loud. Cards that require you to drink mean taking a sip unless it directly states to take a shot. Rule cards last for one round.
- There are two types of cards in this deck. The first type of card has a word and its definition underneath it. Players must use the word in a sentence relating to themselves.
- The other players will judge using the word and decide if your sentence was good or not. If your sentence sucks, you have to drink.
Truth or Lie - The player who drew the card can tell the truth or lie when they answer the question. All players must guess whether the original card drawer's answer was a truth or a lie. If you guess wrong, you must drink. If the player cannot trick anyone, they must drink.
Who's Who - If you draw from this deck, you must pick a player you think best answers the card’s question. Whoever gets chosen must drink.
Under The Influence - Follow the instructions on the card.
Shots No Chaser - Follow the instructions on the card. If you refuse the task, you must use your 'Tapout' card - if you have one. If not, take a shot of liquor (with no chaser) to get out of the action.
This April Fools Day best drinking card game doesn't shy away from ruining years of relationships with your best bud with the dirtiest and rated 21 games. So if you and your folks are pretty much green-minded, you wouldn’t have any boring time playing this.
Also, these unicorns are not your typical adorable and sweet pets. They are very dangerous and destructive to the point that every round can never be anticipated.
How To Play It
This is a multiplayer game for 2-8 people. It is a challenging strategy game but is pretty straightforward. The turns go clockwise around the table, and each turn is made up of 4 phases.
2. Draw Phase - Pick one card from the draw pile.
3. Action Phase - Play one card from your hand or draw one more card from the draw pile.
4. End of Your Turn - Discard down to the hand limit if you hold more than seven cards. Any additional cards will go to the discard pile.
There are seven types of cards for different purposes. If you run out of cards, then follow this:
If you're a stickler, the game ends when you run out of cards. If no one completed their Unicorn Army, no one gets to be The Righteous Ruler of All Things Magical.
If you're a rule-breaker, you can reshuffle the discard pile back into the deck when you're out of cards. The rules say not to, but you just don't give a care. You're a rebel. Good for you.
If you are a Baby Unicorn, the game ends when you flip the table. Don't be a Baby Unicorn. You're better than that.
If weird is your ideal fun on April Fools Day, this best drinking game has all the wild pranks you and your friends can enjoy. It has everything to make the party lit, from awkward dancing, loony brain teasers to dirty tricks. If you are not into alcohol, don’t worry, you can still enjoy this game with other beverages.
How To Play It
Perfect for 4-16 players, this game comes with 120 cards, one dice, one instruction booklet, and one dope DTM sticker. It focuses on different hilarious challenges, but you will learn, remember, and invent funny slang along the way.
- Each player competes in physical or verbal challenges to impress the rotating “Shot Caller.” The winner gets the card while everyone else drinks.
- The Shot Caller rotates to the left. If you want to win the game, you have to earn five cards.
Sotally Tober lets you embarrass yourself and your friends in the funniest way possible. This adult card game is an ideal activity before heading out for drinks at a bar. You can also play it if you just want to stay home while enjoying April Fools Day. Take out these cards, some booze, and be merry!
Here are some hilarious cards you can draw:
- Pick a player and start a staring contest with them. The loser takes one drink.
- Silently act out a scene from a movie. The first player to guess the movie correctly gives one drink.
- Pick a player to thumb wrestle with. Best out of 3 rounds gives out two drinks.
How To Play It
Sotally Tober is designed as a drinking card game with fun activities for 4 players or more. But you can still play it sober and change the rules to your liking, and whoever takes the least amount of drinks is declared the winner.
First, draw a card in turn from the deck. There are five types of cards with different uses.
- Activity (Orange) cards are actions you must perform.
- Skill (Green) cards give you special abilities.
- Curse (Blue) cards make you suffer.
- Secret (Yellow) cards are hidden tricks you can perform.
- Decree (Red) cards place effects on everyone.
This best drinking card game for adults ensures that you get hydrated throughout the night. Like all the other games on the list, the dares and tricks’ purpose is to make you drunk as much as possible. So, gather your friends and spill the truth on every card!
Here are some mind-blowing dares you might pick up:
- Reveal an inappropriate body part or take five drinks.
- Silently act out a meme.
- Most likely to be a horrible boss.
How To Play It
The drinking card game presents six different categories to keep 2-10 players on their toes (if you’re able to stand, that is). Pick a card, follow the instructions, and drink. Here are the different game modes:
- Drink, Duh
- Truth or Dare
- Skill Challenge
- Most Likely To
- Wild Card
- Game Card
CoolCats & AssHats is not just loaded with endless laughs. It is also interactive and will get your brain working and senses alert. Whether you want to spend the entire April Fools Day playing this game or use it as a pre-party game, you and your friends will never run out of twists and turns. This best drinking card game can be as clean or dirty as you want it to be.
Here are some of the crazy tricks you might do:
- Who’s too sober? Someone needs a shot of something. Choose the booze and the person.
- Take someone’s shoes and throw them outside. They can look for it after the next round.
- Text “Luv u” to your dad.
How To Play It
The drinking card game includes 475 poker size playing cards: 300 Subject cards, 75 Tiebreaker cards, 50 CoolCat cards, and 50 AssHat cards. Great for 4-20 players.
- Draw Subject cards. Everyone else has to guess whether they like or dislike each card.
- The person with the most correct guesses wins and draws a CoolCat card.
- The person with the least correct guesses loses and draws an AssHat card. If there's a tie, a Tiebreaker card is drawn to determine the winner or loser.
Laughter is the best medicine, and Last Call's pranks don’t shy away from giving you the best night ever! This best drinking card game lets you answer ridiculous questions, compete in hilarious challenges, and drink! What’s even better is you can target 3 or more of your friends and trick them just in time for April Fool’s Day.
How To Play It
- Put the six bartenders out on the table in a circular pattern and put four of the same alcohol bottles on each bartender. Each bar owner has a coaster with their bar name plus an additional bar sign.
- Shuffle the bartender cards and then deal out one of each type of drink card to each player. Bartender cards and drink cards are different.
- If a player wishes to move a bottle, he will say "Order!" and moves one bottle from one bartender to another. The color of the bottle does not matter. That person's bar sign is then moved to the bottom of the tiebreaker order.
- Once a person has finished all their drink cards, they announce "Last Call!", move their bar sign to another location, and start at the top. At this time, no more bartender cards are used, and each player moves a bottle in an attempt to make a drink. For each bottle moved, the player receives an ice cube as well.
- Once everyone has finished, ice cubes are counted, and the lowest score wins. Ties are broken by the player who spent making drinks the earliest.
10. Drunk Confidence
Did you ever notice feeling confident when you were drunk? Well, this best drinking card game plus some good ole tequila or wine will get your attitude and personality so bright. It comes with 250 cards that include a mix of pranks and challenges to put you and your friends’ brains and talent to the test.
How To Play It
Fun for any number of players, this game gives you a mission or a question that you must fulfill. Each player is dealt seven cards from the deck. Discard two cards you do not want to attempt and pass one card to someone else’s to try.
- Pull a card from the stack and read it out loud. The rest of the group will judge whether you successfully completed the task or just full of drunk confidence.
- If you fail the challenge, take a drink. If you succeed, anyone who thought you couldn’t complete it will take a drink. Then, it’s the other players’ turn!
- The first one to get rid of all the cards is the winner.
Drink-A-Palooza is the best drinking card game that combines the new and “old school” game night into one fun party scheme. If you and your best buds miss college days, reminisce the good memories with the ping pong balls, cards, dice, and bottles. If you have no booze with you, you could still make the game night fun with juice or even a chocolate drink.
How To Play It
Gameplay always depends on the “house rules,” meaning the game master gets the final say on how it is played. Ideal for 2-12 players.
- Each player plays the game with their favorite beverage in-hand. Choose an empty 6-pack holder and begin on the space marked as Start.
- One player will spin the bottle. Whoever the bottle is pointed to will begin the game by rolling the dice. The number rolled is the number of spaces the player will move. The game order moves clockwise.
- You will either be drinking or passing out an amount of “sips” to other players throughout the game. Depending on how you want to play, you can also count the amount of “sips” in “seconds.
12. For The Girls
For The Girls is designed explicitly for all gals out there who want to spice up their drinking sessions. This adult party game consists of 500 cards with different colors to choose from. Each color represents a specific category such as “if you’ve ever,” dares, and other exciting tricks.
This April Fools Day, why not surprise your girlfriends with some hilarious practical jokes while sipping that Sauvignon Blanc or Champagne? This drinking card game is best enjoyed with 4 players or more.
How To Play It
- The drinking card game starts by rolling the dice with the player who has the most number of followers on Instagram. Whichever side the dice faces up, takes the top card from the deck.
- Make sure to read the card aloud and do the dare stated on it.
- Then, the player on the left rolls the dice next, and the game continues. The player with the most cards wins the game.
Best Drinking Card Game Buying Guide
While all drinking card games in the market are fun to play with, you still have to check other factors before purchasing one.
Good packaging is essential to check before buying any card game. If you want to play again, you'll need the packaging to be in good shape to ensure that the cards will not get folded or suffer a bad condition.
Number of Players
Check out the number required to play the drinking card game. The more players at a party, the bigger the fun. Most games need at least two people to play them, but the maximum sometimes is only five. So if you have a bigger set of friends, opt for something that can be played with ten or more people.
This one is a bit tricky. Without opening the box, checking the card quality may not be possible. So get creative and read some reviews. You don’t want to play with cards that will get ruined as soon as somebody spills some drink over them.
Some drinking card games are short, and some take a long time to finish. You won't complete most of the long games as you all will continuously be drinking. But short games are not always fun. Try out some games to find the perfect match for your party.
Many games offer NSFW (Not For Showing Wife) versions. If you are not comfortable with that, find out the proper SFW version of your favorite drinking card game so that all of your folks can enjoy it. And if you are with the right company and want to spice things up a little, go for the NFSW.
Drinking Card Games FAQ
1. How do you play “Never Have I Ever” cards?
The rules are pretty simple. Each person holds up a hand (or two) and takes a turn sharing a statement about something they have never done. They will do this while saying: "Never have I ever... " If anyone has done the action, they put down their finger or take a drink. The last standing player wins.
2. How do you play “Truth or drink”?
Set out the drinks, and shuffle together decks of your choice. Draw a card and ask the questions printed on it. Will you have a nice stiff drink or tell the cold hard truth? By night's end, you'll all be better friends after asking the questions you'd never dared ask out loud.
3. What are some good dares?
You can go ahead and throw your dares to your friend at a drinking game. However, Some of the most frequently asked dares are as follows:
- Talk in an accent for the next 3/4 rounds.
- Kiss the person to your left
- Eat five tablespoons of a condiment.
- Be someone’s pet for the next 5 minutes.
- Do the worm
- Dance to a song of the group’s choosing
- Let the group pose you in an embarrassing position and take a picture.
- Break two eggs on your head
- Put 4/5 ice cubes down your pants.
- Make every person in the group smile, keep going until everyone has cracked a smiled
4. What are some juicy questions?
You can go ahead and throw your questions to your friend at a drinking game. The key here is to be embarrassing. However, Some of the most frequently asked dares are as follows:
- What are your top three turn-ons?
- Tell me about your first kiss.
- Who is the sexiest person here?
- Have you ever walked in on your parents doing it?
- Have you ever practiced kissing in a mirror?
- Tell me about your most awkward date.
- Have you ever farted in an elevator?
- Who is the person you most regret kissing?
- What is the naughtiest thing you’ve done in public?
Where is the strangest place you've peed?
5. What's a good flirty question?
If you want to spice up the game night a little or do a little bit of flirting, you can break the ice by asking these questions:
- Where is the most romantic place for you?
- Describe why you find someone attractive?
- Who do you have a crush on now?
- If you had to pick: Will you marry for money, power, or love?
- Tell me your biggest turn-on and turn-offs and why?
- What’s your wildest fantasy that you wish to happen someday?
- Rate how much you like me, ten being the highest.
- What’s your biggest fear entering into a new relationship?
- What quality is your least favorite thing in a partner?
- Do you like your makeout sessions hot-and-heavy or sweet and gentle?
April Fool’s Day just happens once a year. For sure, you would want to exert as much effort as you can to trick your friends. However, you don’t have to spend so much or prepare a lot since the best drinking card games can be entertaining and fun as other dares out there.
What is the most unforgettable April Fool’s Day prank you’ve ever witnessed? Share them in the comment section below.