Brand: Dr. Adam Elmegirab's
- Our unique take on citrus bitters, combining the primary flavouring with fresh, floral undertones
- Nose: Wood spice, chamomile and burnt citrus on the nose.
- Taste: Initial sweetness followed by predominant chamomile and layers of complex flavour including coriander, raspberry, honey, citrus and pomegranate.
- Finish: Long bittersweet finish with a hint of violet.
- Compounded with natural botanicals including Dried chamomile flowers, Dried orange peel, Dried lemon peel, Coriander seed, Orris root, Angelica root, Gentian root
model number: 98432
Part Number: 98432
Details: Following the initial success of earlier offerings many would ask when I planned to add a citrus bitters to my portfolio. The opportunity arose when I reformulated a bitters for a cocktail competition entry in 2010 and found my fellow competitors were more interested in the bitters than the sponsor brand. Spotting a growing trend for chamomile influenced drinks in Scandinavia the temptation to bring a new style of citrus bitters, with a clear floral influence, proved too much... It was during the mid-1800s that Spanish Bitters were first found and celebrated for their medicinal benefits but it was the botanical profile and flavour that was really of interest, allowing me to build on the citrus and floral base by removing botanicals which were no longer deemed safe for consumption, whilst replacing them with ingredients which would compliment and enhance the primary flavours but at the same time work in harmony with the many spirits used in bars around the world today. First released as a limited edition bottling in 2010, demand made for their permanent return in 2012 thus consolidating their place in my portfolio.
Package Dimensions: 5.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches