There are no products in this collection. Keep on shopping.
A jigger acts as a measuring cup when bartenders make their concoctions. Using this item enables them to pour accurate amounts of alcohol into every drink. By preventing over-pouring, this bar tool not only guarantees the consistency of your cocktails but also helps in cutting down liquor wastage.
Jiggers have different sizes or capacities. A standard jigger can hold 1.5 ounces of liquid, but there are other measurements available, which can range from 0.5 up to 2.5 ounces. Jiggers also come in various types and styles to meet a wide range of bartending needs and preferences.
Types of Jiggers
- Single Jigger. This type of jigger is a simple drink measure that has a single bowl for containing the alcohol. It can be a basic shot glass or may come with multiple graduations to allow precise measurements.
- Classic Double Jigger. Most bar owners and bartenders prefer using this traditional jigger. Featuring the standard hourglass shape and a bowl on both sides with different measurements, double jiggers offer more speed and efficiency when making cocktails. They are ideal for busy bars to keep the high volume of customers happy and avoid long waits.
- Japanese Jigger. Compared with other jigger types, the Japanese jigger is taller and slimmer, giving it a sleek and elegant look. With its smaller diameter, it easily fits in the hands for more convenient use. It also allows quick pouring and prevents spillage.
- Stepped Jigger. Also known as Multi-level Jigger. It's a vessel with multiple measurement lines, each corresponding to a different amount of liquid. These measurement lines are typically different colors or marked in some way to make them easily distinguishable. The multi-level design allows bartenders to quickly and accurately measure different amounts of liquid without having to use multiple jiggers or measuring spoons.
- Measuring Cup Jigger. It is a double-ended tool with one end resembling a traditional measuring cup and the other end a smaller cup or cone-shaped jigger. The larger end of the measuring cup jigger is typically used for measuring larger quantities of ingredients, such as mixers or juices. In comparison, the smaller end is used for measuring spirits and other concentrated liquids in smaller amounts.
- Bell Jigger. Two cone-shaped cups of different sizes joined together at the bottom, resembling a bell. One end is used for measuring smaller quantities, while the other end is used for measuring larger quantities. It typically comes in stainless steel or copper and can have a shiny or matte finish.
- Jigger with Handle. It consists of a metal or plastic container with a handle and two ends of different sizes, usually 1 and 2 ounces or 1.5 and 0.75 ounces. The handle allows for easy gripping and pouring, while the two ends ensure precise measurement for creating consistent and balanced cocktails.
Things to Consider Before Buying Jiggers
- Functionality. Jiggers are available in a variety of sizes. Make sure to buy one with the capacity and measurements that you frequently use in making drinks. It is also essential that it has clear and easy-to-read markings for precise reading.
A good jigger should be able to pour without unnecessary spilling. It should also have a sufficient weight that provides stability and prevents it from tipping over.
- Materials. Although you can find most jiggers made of stainless steel, there are other options you can choose from. Most commonly used materials include copper, plastic, and even wood. Whichever you decide to buy, be sure to look for one with food-grade quality.
- Durability. It is of utmost importance to find a jigger made of high-quality materials to ensure that it will provide excellent service for a long time. When buying a stainless steel jigger, select one with high grading. Poor-quality stainless steel tends to corrode.
- Ease of Use. You must be comfortable working with your jiggers, so choose one that fits well in your hands. Using the right jigger, you can avoid hurting your hands and eliminate unnecessary spillage. You can even find ergonomically designed ones to suit your preferences.
- Design. Aesthetically pleasing tools add character to any establishment. With a wide range of jigger designs and styles available in the market, you can surely find a good-looking jigger that will blend well with your bar design and theme.
Advanced Mixology offers a great selection of high-quality jiggers to suit all measuring needs in bars, pubs, and other drink establishments. Shop now!