Slow Cooker Spiked Mulled Cider
The mulled apple cider is a cold-weather favorite, and this extra boozy rendition will warm you up in no time. Fragrant spices like cinnamon sticks impart warmth to the drink's ingredients, including fresh apple cider flavored with delicious spirits!
- Pour the cider into a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Slice the orange and ginger and add both to the crockpot.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise.
- Make the drink easier to serve by tying them in cheesecloth or placing them in a tea ball first.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on low.
- Then, add your spirits and stir to combine.
- Allow the mixture to sit for at least 10 minutes, so the flavors have time to mingle.
- Toss the cloves, cinnamon, and star anise.
- Serve in mugs and garnish with orange slices.