Red Sangria is a traditional Spanish wine punch made from dry red wine and chopped fruit, often orange juice or brandy. It only takes a few ingredients and fruit to make this bold and revitalizing mixed drink that will have everyone feeling energized.
This popular drink is excellent for summertime because you can easily find all the fresh fruits needed at your local grocery stores like limes, oranges, berries, apples, or pears.
Macerate the fruits by mixing them with sugar.
- Let it sit at room temperature until the fruits soften and break down.
- Add the dry red wine to the macerated fruits.
- Add the brandy and the orange liqueur into the mix.
- Add a few slices of lemon.
- For the flavors to blend and develop, refrigerate the mixture for 1 to 4 hours.
When serving, add a few ice cubes and top it off with sparkling or soda water (optional).