Fig margarita calls for a simple syrup made from fresh figs, to which honey and a splash of lime juice are added. This cocktail has the perfect balance of sweetness and will surely please your guests.
Additional Time: 3 to 24 hours
Make quarters with the figs.
- Mix the sliced figs, lavender, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Muddle thoroughly.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, pressing down as much as possible to extract as much liquid as feasible.
- Place honey on 1 plate and turbinado sugar and salt on another.
- Dip the cocktail glass's lips into the honey and the sugar/salt combination.
- Muddle the mint leaves with fig syrup, lime juice, triple sec, and tequila in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously with a few ice cubes.
- Fill your cocktail glass halfway with ice and strain the drink into it.