Brand: ForgeColor: Copper BlackFeatures: Quality that Lasts: At Forge we stand by the craftsmanship of our vertical lever corkscrew wine openers with a 3 years manufacturer’s warranty. Our lever action wine opener uses hardened steel gears and a carbon steel screw (worm) with non-stick coating to ensure flawless performance for years to come. Lightweight but Easy to Use: Our vertical lever corkscrewwine opener uses a lightweight but very strong zinc alloy handle. The base of our bottle opener is small enough that any size hand can hold it comfortably. Effortlessly Open Wine Bottles: With two easy motions and less than three seconds of time our wine bottle opener can remove both natural and synthetic corks. The lever action of our opener allows a pull strength of less than three pounds to open even the most difficult of bottles. A WARRANTY YOU CAN COUNT ON - Our vertical lever corkscrew wine opener is backed by a three year warranty which covers manufacturing defects as well as damage to the cork screw. Rest easy knowing that if for any reason your wine opener no longer works you can have it replaced free of charge. A Classic Look Combined with Modern Engineering: With simple but elegant lines and a high-quality finish our vertical lever corkscrew wine opener fits in with any kitchen, bar or restaurant. It also can be a great gift, don’t forget to stock more as a gift for your friends and family. Cheers! Details: No more stress for opening a bottle of wine. The Forge Vertical Lever Corkscrew wine bottle opener removes corks smoothly and quickly with two easy motions, it takes 3 seconds ONLY. The cork releases from the Corkscrew with a simple lift of the lever. With Forge, reliable and simple.EAN: 0857009008403Package Dimensions: 7.2 x 6.5 x 1.5 inches
$ 60.99$ 52.49
Corkscrews and wine openers are essential tools for any food or beverage establishment that serves wine. Their main and only purpose is to open wine bottles by removing the cork. To use a corkscrew, you need to screw the worm, a pointed metallic helix, into the cork center and gently pull by the handle or boot lever to extract the cork from the bottle.
Types of Corkscrews
- Waiter’s Corkscrew. The waiter’s corkscrew, also known as the wine key or sommelier knife, is considered the oldest wine opener. It features a worm for piercing the cork and a two-step leverage hinge for removing it. It also comes with a built-in knife in its handle for cutting the foil wrapping under the lip of most wine bottles. With its compact size, multiple functionalities, and ease of use, the waiter’s corkscrew is the perfect option for servers who work directly at tables opening wine bottles and pouring wine.
- Winged Corkscrew. The winged corkscrew, also named butterfly, owl, or angel corkscrew, has two levers (one on each side of the worm) that control its whole operation. Twisting the worm into the cork will raise these levers, and pushing them down will allow you to extract the cork from the bottle in one smooth motion.
- Winged corkscrews are easy to use and work on all cork sizes, making them a popular choice for removing synthetic corks. However, they are not ideal for opening old-aged wines with natural corks that have become brittle over time as they may dislodge some cork crumbs and leave them floating around in your wine.
- Wine Cork Extractor. As the name implies, the wine cork extractor or twin-prong cork puller features prongs that slide down between the cork and the wine bottle. To remove a stopper, insert the prongs into the cork by applying light force to the handle. Once fully inserted, twist the cork extractor and pull upward to remove the stopper entirely. Using the cork extractor allows you to extract a wine stopper without damaging it, making it the perfect tool for opening vintage wines with natural corks. It also enables winemakers and wine enthusiasts to sample their wine before re-inserting the cork.
- Lever Corkscrew. The lever or rabbit corkscrew operates with a pair of handles that firmly grip the bottle’s neck while in use, providing the user with total control. A lever allows you to twist the worm into the cork and gently pull it from the bottle by simply pressing or lifting it, respectively.
- Mounted Corkscrew. Mounted corkscrews are wine openers clamped or attached to counters or walls to ensure maximum stability and sturdiness when removing wine corks. They provide additional torque for faster and more efficient cork removal, making them an excellent option for busy establishments.
- Pull Corkscrews. Pull corkscrews use a continuous twist motion to drive the worm into the cork and remove it from the wine bottle.
Advanced Mixology carries a great selection of corkscrews to suit all your wine opening needs. Shop now!