Choosing quality aprons for bartenders and bar staff helps create a professional atmosphere in any pub, bar, club, or restaurant. It’s like saying to your customers that you mean business and assuring them that you have competent and knowledgeable people to assist them.
Why You Should Buy Bar Aprons
There are numerous reasons why food and beverage industries prefer using aprons.
- Cleanliness and tidiness. Wearing aprons keeps your staff’s clothes clean and tidy throughout their shift. It offers them the freedom to get their hands dirty without worrying about the mess.
- Protection. The primary purpose of using an apron is to protect the wearer against liquid spills, dirt, sticky residue, stains, or potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Functionality. Some aprons come with handy pockets and quickly accessible holsters to provide a convenient way for carrying tools, pens, phones, and even cash.
- Uniformity. Standardized aprons allow customers to identify staff members within the premises. You may also opt for the ones with printed company branding to boost your business’s image and sales.
Different Styles of Aprons
- Waist. These aprons are short in length and protect the wearer’s waist up to above the knee. Although they don’t provide upper body coverage, waist aprons are highly comfortable and allow ease of movement. Most waist aprons come with pockets, making them ideal for staff on the move like waiters/waitresses and servers.
- Bistro. This full-length waist apron offers more leg coverage, making it a popular choice in the hospitality industry. Bistro aprons are perfect for people who do messy jobs like cleaning tables or taking out the trash. They are available with various pocket configurations to suit the wearer’s needs.
- Bib. Bib aprons, the most traditional of all apron styles, cover the wearer’s torso up to the knee and provide adequate protection for the front part of their clothing. Featuring an adjustable neck loop and waist ties, they can fit any body type. Bib aprons also offer a convenient surface for wiping hands, making them an excellent option for chefs and bartenders.
- Tuxedo. Tuxedo aprons are a variation of bib aprons. It has a V-neck design to enable the wearing of bowties or neckties. This apron is perfect for formal and luxurious cocktail bars.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Bar Apron
- Materials. It is crucial to choose the right material for your apron to achieve the protection you desire. Different materials offer resistance from specific chemicals. Common apron materials include cotton, rubber, nylon, leather, and PVC.
- Comfort and Ease of Movement. Make sure to consider the wearer’s comfort when deciding which apron to buy. It is vital to ensure that they don’t feel restrained when doing their job.
- Size. Most aprons suit different body types, but be sure to take the wearer’s body size before spending money on a particular design. Wearing an apron that doesn’t fit can be more disastrous than helpful.
Advanced Mixology carries a great selection of bar aprons to suit every bartender’s style, needs, and preferences. Shop today!