Whiskey limeade is a simple and refreshing drink that we can enjoy at any time of the day.
A distilled alcoholic beverage made from grain mash and citrusy flavor of lemons, mixing together and adding more flavors to it creates a great drink good for parties and celebrations.
Here are some recipes you can try.
1. St. Patrick's Day Drink
It's clean and it's green! You can enjoy this drink even if it's not the day of St. Patrick!
- Put the cucumber, mint and lime juice in a shaker.
- Shake vigorously. Add ice
- Transfer to a glass and garnish with lime and mint.
2. Blackberry whiskey limeade
A variation of whiskey limeade with blackberry gives a little sweetness to the drink.
- Fresh blackberries
- 120ml sugar
- 120ml water
- 240ml Whiskey
- 240ml lemon juice
- 180ml blackberry simple syrup
- 240ml sparkling water
- In a saucepan, put together water sugar and blackberries. Simmer.
- Using a strainer, transfer the simple syrup into a container and let it cool.
- Using a shaker , mix all the ingredients together, including the blackberry simple syrup, shake vigorously.
- Pour the mixture into a glass.
- And top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary twig.
3. Strawberry Whiskey Lemonade
Sweet as summer! Try this recipe and enjoy the fruity taste of summer.
- 240ml sliced strawberries
- 120ml sugar
- 60ml water
- 30ml strawberry syrup
- 60ml whiskey
- 60ml lemon juice
- Strawberries for garnish
- Using a saucepan, combine water, sugar and strawberries and bring to a boil. Let it cool and set aside.
- Using a shaker, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix properly.
- Transfer to a glass with ice.
- Use fresh strawberry and lemon for garnish.
Know Your Ingredients
- Whiskey - distilled alcoholic beverages made from grains
- Tonic water - it is a carbonated drink which quinine is dissolved
- Blackberry - its a fruit from a genus Rubus species in the family of Rosaceae
- Lime - a round green citrus fruit
- Rosemary - used for cooking condiment, perfume and for health care
- Shaker - used to mix ingredients together
- Rocks glass - a short glass used for cocktails and alcoholic beverages
The Perfect Pair
Whiskey limeade, with its sour taste, complements savory and salty dishes like sushi. It enhances the fresh flavors of seafood and vegetables.
A drink in which you can add anything you like can be enjoyed by everyone is great at parties. So mix some and enjoy your own version of whiskey limeade.