With simple ingredients, you can create great and delicious drinks like Whiskey Sour. With its simplicity, different kinds of flavors can easily be combined with it and still makes an enchanting, tasty drink.
Here are different takes on a classic whiskey sour.
1. Kiwi Ginger Whiskey Sour
- Put ginger, kiwi and mint leaves in a shaker and use the muddle stick to smash the ingredients.
- Add whiskey, lime juice and three drops of stevia shake vigorously.
- Using a granulated stevia, rim a glass.
- Add ice and transfer the mixture to rimmed glass.
- Top with ginger ale.
- Add mint for garnish.
2. Orange Whiskey Sour
- In a shaker, put egg whites, bitters, gomme, lemon juice and whiskey together then shake.
- Add ice and shake properly again.
- Transfer the mixture in a highball glass with ice.
- On top of the half of an orange, put a sugar cube, with a dash of bitters and gomme.
- Use a kitchen blowtorch to melt the sugar.
- Put the caramelised sugar on top of the glass and serve.
3. Oak-infused Whiskey Sour
- 4 oz Jameson
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz maple syrup
- 1 fresh eggs whites
- Angostura bitters
- 8 grams Oak chips
- Ice cubes
- Using a blowtorch, Char the oak chips and put in a whipping siphon together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Use two N2O charges, shake in between charge.
- Release the pressure by holding it upwards.
- Transfer the mixture in a shaker and add the egg whites and ice.
- Shake vigorously until cold.
- Use a shaker when pouring the mixture to a cocktail glass.
- Add bitters as garnish.
Know Your Ingredients
- Oak chips - pieces of oak wood, used in cooking or drinks to give additional flavors.
- Lemon - yellow citrus fruit mainly used in cooking and food preparation
- Triple sec - an orange flavored liquor
- Angostura bitters - bitters with a strong flavor
- Muddle stick - used smash ingredients to release its juices
- Whipping siphon /whip cream dispenser - used to make foams and infused liquids
- Shaker - used to mix ingredients properly
- Strainer - used to strain ingredients to create a smooth cocktail texture
- Blowtorch - a torch used to caramelise or melt ingredients
Make your own version of the loved classic drink, and enjoy the simple yet elegant taste of whiskey sour with a kick.
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.