It's a known fact that tamarind is famous for its distinctive sour taste. But what most of us don't realize is that, with enough time to mature, it can provide a drive of sweetness as well as an earthy flavor in every part of our taste buds.
This only shows how versatile tamarind can be. It is used in savory dishes, sumptuous desserts, zestful marmalade and flavorful cocktails. Here are some of the all-time favorite spirits and tamarind recipes that you can find yourself being fond of.
1. Tamarind & Tequila
- 30 ml lime juice
- 30 ml orange liqueur
- 60ml Tequila
- 2 cups ice
- ½ cup Tamarind pulp
- Tajin powder
- In a blender, put ice, tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur and tamarind pulp then blend until smooth.
- For extra flavor and appealing presentation, place the tajin powder on a small plate and the chamoy on the other, dab the tip of the glass to moisten it a little unto the champoy then dunk it in the tajin powder.
- Pour the tamarind mix onto the glass and top with more tajin powder.
2. Tamarind & Gin
- 12 oz Gin
- 2 Dashes Bitters
- 3 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ oz Mango Juice
- 1 ½ oz Tamarind Juice
- Soda Water
- Pineapple and Maraschino Berry for garnish
- Ice Cube
- With the use of a shaker, mix bitters, lemon juice, mango juice, gin and tamarind juice together with ice.
- Give it a quick shake and transfer to a chilled glass with ice cubes.
- Lastly, add soda water and garnish it with maraschino berry and pineapple wedge.
3. Tamarind & Rum
- 5 tsp rum
- 5 tsp amor de Angostura
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 dashes of hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp of tamarind jam
- 1 egg whites
- In a shaker, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes, and pour the mixture in. Adjust if necessary to balance sweet, spicy, and sour flavors.
- Garnish with a lemon Peel.
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.