Whiskey and Rum are two different but both intense and wonderful alcoholic spirits. Combined together, it's a sure win in all occasion. Try these two recipes listed below and enjoy the kick of rum with whiskey cocktails.
1. Colonel Sanders Rum Swizzle
- 30ml Bourbon Whiskey
- 30ml Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 20ml Lime Juice
- 20ml cinnamon syrup
- Ginger Beer
- Angostura Bitters
- Lemon wedge as garnish
- In a shaker, put whiskey, rum, lime juice and cinnamon syrup.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour in a glass.
- Top with ginger beer and a dash of bitters.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.
2. 12-Mile Limit Cocktail
- In a rocks glass, put ice, rum, whiskey, brandy, Grenadine and lemon juice.
- Mix using the bar spoon.
Know Your Ingredients
- Rum - distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented sugarcane and molasses
- Brandy - distilled wine
- Rye whiskey - distilled alcoholic beverage made from grain mash with 51 percent rye
- Shaker - a container used to mix ingredients
- Rocks glass - also known as an old fashioned glass
- Strainer - used to strain cocktails
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.