With or without an alcoholic spirit like Whiskey, you can still make a wonderful drink that all can love and enjoy.
Give an extra zing in your mocktails or cocktails by infusing your simple syrup with an orange flavor! With its sweet and refreshing taste, it can upgrade any cocktail of your choice.
Listed are some ways to make this lovely orange syrup and combine with other flavors.
1. Cold Brew Old Fashioned Recipe
- 180ml cold brew Coffee
- 2 tbsp of orange Simple Syrup
- Dash of Angostura Bitters
- Maraschino Cherry
- Fresh Orange peel
- In a pitcher, submerge the ground coffee in water for 12 hours.
- Using a saucepan, make an orange syrup u mixing orange peels, Sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil until slightly thick.
- In a rocks glass, combine all ingredients and add ice.
- Garnish with orange peel twist and a cherry.
2. Orange Ginger Shrub
- 120ml fresh Ginger , sliced
- Two fresh Orange
- 120ml granulated Sugar
- 240ml unpasteurised Apple Cider Vinegar
- 120ml freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- In a sealable jar, put sliced ginger and muddle.
- Peel oranges and muddle as well together with the ginger.
- Add sugar and cider.
- Pour lastly the lime juice.
- Seal and shake. Leave for a week, make sure to shake everyday.
- Use in cocktails by combining with tonic water or anything.
3. Cold Brew Orange Tonic
- 120ml cold brew Coffee
- 120ml Tonic Water
- A Tablespoon of Orange Cardamom Simple Syrup
- Fresh Orange slice as a garnish
- Submerge the coffee grounds in cold water for 24 hours.
- Using a saucepan, bring to a boil the orange peels, cardamom, water and Sugar. Set aside.
- In a shaker, combine all ingredients and mix very well.
- Pour the mixture in a glass with ice.
- Garnish with orange peel.
Know Your Ingredients
- Orange - an orange colored fruit with sweet and sour taste
- Tonic water - carbonated drink without quinine
- Coffee - brewed drink from roasted coffee beans
- Muddle Stick - used to smash ingredients to release its juices
- Shaker - used to mix ingredients properly
- Stirrer - also called a Bar Spoon
Rocks Glass - also known as an old fashioned glass
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.