The cocktail that seemingly inspired one of Snoop Dogg’s songs, Gin and Juice is exactly as it sounds-an absolutely delicious combination of gin and juice. The sweet and sour fruity flavors of several fruits like orange and grapefruit mixes well with gin. To add, fresh or concentrated lime juice, like Rose’s lime juice, is a great addition to any cocktail, especially those that involve gin (yes, you can really mix lemonade and gin!).
These said juices are the best choices for Gin and Juice, and you can make a glass for yourself in your own home! Try this Gin and Juice recipe today!
Gin and Juice Ingredients:
Gin and Juice Preparation:
- Measure 1.5 oz. of gin using a jigger and pour into a shaker tin.
- Pour orange juice, grapefruit juice and lime juice.
- Add ice cubes and shake vigorously.
- Transfer into a highball or rocks glass and garnish with a slice of grapefruit or lime.
Enjoyed making this drink? Share this recipe!
Watch it here!
This recipe is just one of the many great tasting gin cocktails out there. Go ahead and try other drinks with gin and juice-here are three choices to get you started!
- Gin Rickey - Replace the grapefruit in the Gin and Juice recipe with kiwi, add a few sprigs of mint and a splash of soda water and you got yourself an easy and delicious Gin Rickey.
- Gin Sour - If you’re looking for a gin cocktail with a more appealing hue, try the Gin Sour! This recipe uses Blue Curacao and an egg white for a beautiful ocean color.
- Gin and Tonic - This Gin and Tonic is not only a cocktail favorite, but it is also a drink that made history by keeping an empire healthy.
Know Your Ingredients!
Gin and Juice gives an amazing balance of flavors-all thanks to the following ingredients:
- Gin - An alcoholic beverage distilled from juniper berries.
- Lime juice - Juice squeezed from lime that is commonly used as a cocktail ingredient.
- Orange juice - Fresh juice extracted from oranges.
- Grapefruit juice - Fresh juice extracted from grapefruits.
To prepare this drink, these bar equipment must be present so it will be easier and quicker for you. Of course, these bar accessories will also be useful in mixing other drinks.
- Jigger - A small bar accessory that is used in measuring cocktail ingredients by ounces.
- Shaker tin - As its name implies, it is a steel container that helps mix drinks by shaking.
- Highball glass - A type glassware that most highball and other cocktails are served in.
The Rise in Fame
Though well known, the Gin and Juice cocktail has traveled-and is still traveling a rocky path in its road to popularity. But even though this cocktail has had its fair share of disfavor, its patrons from United States-specifically, Washington, Oregon, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Minnesota -Canada, United Kingdom, New Zealand and Ireland remain loyal to the said drink.
Additionally, this cocktail has recently been the talk of the town because an American rapper and singer named Snoop Dogg released a song with the name of the cocktail as its title.
The Perfect Pair
There’s a lot of dishes that you can pair with gin, that there’s literally a term for exploring possible choices for this pairing-’ginstronomy’. Seafood like prawns or shrimp, mussels, fish (and chips!), meat, cheese, and even fruits and berries are excellent choices to go with gin.
See What Others Think
View this post on Instagram
Come on guys. Blood Oranges are back. You should have known this was gonna happen.😂 Tonight's a simple drink believe it or not. This is a Gin and Juice, with a splash of Soda Water. I was fortunate enough that the Blood Orange Juice was such a great colour. I added in some @ink_gin and topped it off with soda. This gave this drink that beautiful blue/purple colour. I won't take credit for this garnish idea either. I've seen this type of garnish around a lot lately (I'm sorry I can't remember the accounts 😬) and I wanted to give it a go. I did add a little twist on the end there which I haven't seen before, but this fun garnish is definitely not a CBT original.😁 For glass straws like this one head on over to @surfsidesips and use the code: TEMPUS44 for 20% off your order. These straws will make a great Xmas gift for anyone who's looking for a more sustainable alternative to those pesky plastic straws.😉 It's the freakin weekend Drinkstagram!!! Happy Friyay! #drinkstagram #fridaynightvibes #fridaynight #friyay #fridaynightdrinks #friyayvibes #imbibe #imbibegram #instadrink #instacocktail #tastycocktails #homebartending #garnish #garnishfun #garnishgame #garnishingskills #garnishart #bloodoranges #bloodorangeobsession #refreshingdrink #refreshingcocktails #bloodorange #bloodoranges #gincocktail #magiccocktails #magicgin #colourchanging #colourchangingcocktail #ginandjuice #ginsofaustralia
Sipping gin and juice chilling in the tub,— Zulu_Pvpi (@iamnvii) December 15, 2019
Scrubbadubdub calling this self love
Terrible bars aside 😅, yes I put my gin in a McDs cup because I'm finna sip that shit with the least effort possible.
Low-key Dezemba things pic.twitter.com/YcLohLaGL9
View this post on Instagram
Let the weekend beGIN.. That’s it from us this friday 😬😁🍹 eat. drink. love @terttuliamumbai . . . . . . . . . . . #weekend #weekendvibes #G&T #ginandtonic #ginandjuice #drinks #happyhour #cocktails #cocktailhour #bartenderlife #bartender #bartending #mixology #mixologist #gin #tonic #vibes #fridayvibes #friday #friyay #restaurant #bar #cocktailbar #tapasbar #eat #drink #love #eatdrinklove #terttuliamumbai #terttulia
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.