A small red round fruit that we all love to put on top of our ice cream, cakes and beverages-CHERRY! It is famous for its versatility as an ornament, ingredient and even as a flavor enhancer for alcoholic drinks.
Multiple cocktails and mocktails use cherry as base or added flavor that enhance every drink. Its sweet and sour taste compliments a wide variety of components that create exciting dishes and drinks.
A variation of the famous Whiskey sour, here's one cherry drink recipe that you can cook up and enjoy.
Cherry Sour Ingredients:
Cherry Sour Preparation:
- Add all the ingredients in a shaker filled with ice then shake properly. Strain.
- Pour into the cocktail glass and garnish with cherry.
Watch it Here:
Know the Ingredients
- Cherry - round in shape and red in color, the fruit that goes on top, cherry!
- Almond syrup - mixture of sugar and almond essence or flavored liquid, has a sweet and nutty taste that enhance dishes and drinks
- Lime - from citrus family, this green colored sour fruit gives extra kick to any drink
- Cherry vodka - the well-loved spirit packed with cherry flavor
- shaker - used to mix ingredients properly
- strainer - used to separate the pulp or other residue from the mixture to create a smooth and clear drink
- Rocks glass - a short glass used for drinks like sour or neat spirits; also known as an old fashioned glass
Combining its sweet taste with a little sour flavor from a citrus fruit and topping it off with a splash of perfectly aged spirit is like creating magic! So whip up some of your variations and tell us about it! Cheers!
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.