Surely, all of us can agree when we say that Monday is the least favorite day of the week. Being the start of the workweek, we tend to get the Monday blues while wishing we could relax and have another Peach Mint Mule just like we did last weekend.
Well the good news is, you can easily beat the Monday blues- and a refreshing, easy to prepare classic Moscow Mule Cocktail recipe is all you need!
Moscow Mule Recipe:
- 1.5 oz. Vodka
- Half of a lime
- Ice cubes
- Fever Tree Ginger beer
- Squeeze lime juice into a fresh chilled glass filled with ice (preferably a Moscow Mule pure copper mug, though a 10 - 11 oz highball glass will also work).
- Pour in the vodka and add ice.
- Fill the rest of the glass with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a lime wheel or sprig of mint.
Watch it here!
With the Mule being a hit it sparked the interest of many mixologists and thus a lot of versions of it were created. There are more than 20 Best Moscow Mule Recipes You Must Try! Here are some of the best versions:
- Whiskey Ginger Mule - Mixologist Molly Wellmann uses ginger syrup and bourbon whiskey to upgrade the classic Moscow Mule recipe.
- Kentucky Mule- Also known as Bourbon Mule, this version of Moscow Mule uses Kentucky Bourbon instead Vodka.
- Travellin’ Mule- Bartender Adam Oliveras throws in Elizabeth All-Spice Dram, Angostura Amaro, aged rum and other interesting ingredients for his version of the Mule.
Know Your Ingredients!
To make a refreshing, delicious Moscow Mule, you need the following ingredients:
- Vodka - The Russian alcoholic spirit distilled from potatoes, wheat or rye.
- Ginger Beer - The alcoholic counterpart of ginger ale that is fermented from sugar, ginger spice and yeast.
- Fresh Lime -The fruit that adds citrusy flavor in many cocktail recipes.
The classic crowd-favorite drink calls for as few equipment as its ingredients. Here are the things you’ll need:
- Lime Squeezer - The best kind of squeezer that guarantees no spill and making squeezed lime juice easier.
- Copper Mug- Make sure to choose copper mugs made of 100% copper to have the best drinking experience.
- Jigger- The kind of bartending equipment we just can’t live without, it measures the amount of liquid being poured into the drinks.
The Legend of the Moscow Mule starts with John Martin, an executive at the distributor Heublein, drowning his sorrows at the pub Cock N Bull in the 1930s. He just bought the rights to Smirnoff-a brand of vodka-but couldn’t figure out how to make Americans love vodka as much as they love gin and whiskey. Jack Morgan, owner of the said pub, decided to team up with Martin and come up with ideas. As if by fate, the daughter of a Russian factory owner named Sophie Berezinski walked in that same moment selling copper mugs. And Russian liquour plus Russian mugs equates to the creation of the Moscow Mule.
Did You Know? They may be made of 100% copper, but don't worry, Moscow Mule Mugs won't poison you!
The Rise in Fame
Martin and Morgan made their creation famous by taking photos of patrons enjoying the Mule using a Polaroid, which was also a popular invention during that time. Several years later, the drink is still climbing its way up the Best Cocktails list, noticeably making much more of an impact in Iceland, the US-specifically, in Nebraska, Iowa, Montana, Colorado and Wyoming-, Italy, Germany and Switzerland.
The Perfect Pair
Merely drinking Moscow Mule is fun, but we’re sure you wouldn’t want to drink it on an empty stomach! Luckily it pairs with several types of food, from seafood, sweet potatoes, and even some Asian dishes.
See What Others Think
- 莫斯科騾子(Moscow Mule) - 伏特加 60ml + 萊姆汁 50ml + 適量砂糖 + 薑汁汽水加滿 對於薑的印象都是料理或是調養身體，如果這時候有人請你來杯有「薑」的調酒，也許你的反應會皺著眉頭Say No 對於這種薑汁口味的調酒或汽水，在西方可是有許多酒精狂的最愛 在這個連假第一個夜晚，不仿試試這杯酸中帶辣又帶點沁涼口感的調酒，也許會讓你的味蕾為之一亮 #酒精#酒精人生#moscowmule#莫斯科騾子#酒精飲料#酒精萬歲#適合#生活#生活目的#自由#酒吧#理性飲酒#台中#個人部落格#day77
Me: At my age, it’s important to get the right nutrition to lead a healthy life.*Washes vitamins down with Moscow mule. — Mark Nolan (@TheNolanNation) October 6, 2019
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Updated: October 18, 2019.
I need a BIG Moscow mule after this week.. pic.twitter.com/unYCdypwGq— Karista Ferguson (@Karista_Mae) October 3, 2019