We all have our own preferences when it comes to enjoying the finer things in life, such as clothing, food, including how we like to enjoy our drinks. For instance, there are people who prefer their whiskies neat; others enjoy them with a bit of lime or water, which according to Science, makes it more enjoyable and flavorful.
If you’re curious to know more about alcohol consumer behavior when it comes to your favorite drinks, you’re in luck because Comax Flavors has just released its latest study and their findings might even surprise you.
Alcohol Consumer Behavior Study
Recently, Comax Flavors, one of the world’s top flavor innovation and research organizations, in partnership with Amy Marks-McGee of Trendincite LLC and Costello Creative Group, award-winning creative marketing professionals in the flavor industry, has come up with its latest study on the behaviors of alcohol consumers. The study, reported behavioral preferences on different alcoholic beverages such as whiskey, rum, gin tequila, vodka, schnapps, cream liqueur and crème liqueur among 1,200 US consumers, composed of 50% female and 50% male respondents.
The results of the study are:
- Whiskey – 78% of the respondents who prefer whiskey, cite taste as the most important factor in buying whiskey. In fact, whether you prefer scotch over bourbon, or neat or on the rocks, much of its appeal is a result of its smooth finish and full-bodied flavor. This drink is so well-loved all over the world that a bottle was sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars!
- Rum – Like whiskey, taste is the top concern for rum lovers. And the flavor that came up as the most favorite is spiced as with previous years. If this article has you craving for rum right now, check out these exciting tropical flavors to quench your thirst.
- Gin – According to the study, most respondents love their gin plain. For the flavoured ones, peach is the most popular ingredient followed by lime and apple. For a refreshing summer treat, why not try this exciting gin cocktail you can prepare yourself at home?
- Tequila – The top three tequila flavors preferred by consumers polled in the study are Silver, Original, and Gold. Generation Z makes up the biggest number of drinkers who prefer fruit flavors in their tequila. If you love your tequila too, make sure to try these fun margarita recipes you can make at home as well.
- Vodka – While price is the first factor the respondents look for when buying vodka, taste comes in second with the younger generations rooting for more fruity-flavored vodka variations. While you’re at it, check out these delightful fruit-infused vodkas to keep yourself cool this season.
- Schnapps – It’s fruits as well for the schnapps/cordial category with citrus flavor being cited as the most popular among the respondents followed by berry and vanilla flavors. Looking for a fruity and mouth-watering cocktail to beat the heat this summer? This watermelon schnapps will do just the thing and it’s easy to make, too.
- Cream liqueur and Crème liqueur – As with most of the alcoholic beverages cited in the study, taste has been the top consideration for the respondents for these two categories. Majority of them prefer to drink coffee flavors, straight or on the rocks. Check out these interesting flavors, if you’re a liqueur lover yourself.