No meal is complete without dessert. Today we’re sharing a few boozy chocolate recipes that are great for Valentine’s Day and can be made in as little as 30 minutes. For a richer flavor, use 70% cacao or higher. We recommend adding one or two ounces of your preferred spirit, but feel free to use more or less as desired. To measure by the shot, try using our Pure Copper 2 oz. Shot Glass.
To melt chocolate on the stove, bring two ounces of water to a boil in a saucepan. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl atop the pan, and stir occasionally until all chunks are melted and smooth. Alternatively, heat your chocolate in one-minute intervals using a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in between to ensure a smooth consistency. For high-powered microwaves, pause and stir every 30-seconds.
Rum Spice Hot Cocoa
4 cups Milk (try almond or coconut for a dairy-free alternative)
7 oz. Dark Chocolate
4 oz. Dark Brown Sugar
4 tsp. Honey
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1-2 oz. Spiced Rum
2 Cinnamon Sticks or 2oz. Ground Cinnamon
- Heat milk in a saucepan, on low heat, until it begins to simmer.
- Slowly stir as you add dark chocolate, brown sugar, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Add your rum little by little, tasting as you go. Once you’ve achieved the desired flavor, remove from heat.
- Serve in a mug with our copper straws and enjoy.
Classic Bourbon Fudge
14 oz. (1 Can) Condensed Milk
12 oz. Milk Chocolate
6 oz. Dark Chocolate
2 oz. Butter
1-2 oz. Bourbon
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp. Salt
- Spray an 8in x 8in. pan with cooking spray.
- Melt both chocolates using one of the two methods explained above, and add the condensed milk while it’s still warm to achieve a smooth and even mixture.
- Keep stirring as you add the vanilla extract, butter, salt and bourbon.
- Transfer to the pan and refrigerate for one hour.
- Cut into squares and serve with raspberries (or your garnish of choice). Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Cognac Chocolate Fondue
12 oz. Dark Chocolate
4 oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1-2oz. Cognac or Brandy
- Heat cream in a saucepan, on low heat, until it begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in the dark chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Add the rum and whisk until smooth. The fondue will thicken as it begins to cool.
- Serve with fruit and enjoy.